Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

swap info needed.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap info needed.......

To start ,I did a search, picked through and reviewed about 250+ threads. I have a 90 STD hatch and have aquired a d16y7 head, which i will be installing on my d15b motor. I also all ready have a d16y8 intake manifold port matched to a gsr TB set up to run on a SI (d16a6 using the SI injectors and fuel rail). I know i need to get an SI ECU, the wire harness for the plugs,the injector box to wire in the dpfi to mpfi .Now here is where i get confused do i need to run the SI distributor or the d16y7 distributor ? Should i use the D16Y7 cam or another to get the best out put. Also with the intake manifold set up, do i need to change the injectors and fuel rail to something different or just use a FPR to adjust the fuel flow using the current set up? Now the D16Y7 head is suppose to have 1mm larger intake and exhaust ports then the D16A6 and a smaller head chamber which should bump my compression(thinking around 10:1 not sure) I will also use a 92+ metal head gasket, which on an D16A6 head swap supposably increases the compression slightly. Via doing any other head swaps or motor swaps for now, can any one suggest other ways or parts from other motors i could use to enhance the power out put, rods,pistons,cams,valve train parts, exhaust header,ecu, milling head, or good ole tuning. Prefferably the inexpensive methods this is just my toy until next summer when i should have a B16A motor & tranny built and ready to swap in.Unless of coarse I create a lil monster then i'll sport it.

Thanks-Jason

Modified by hondacivic4g at 2:48 AM 8/8/2003
Old 08-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: swap info needed....... (hondacivic4g)

No ideas?
Old 08-08-2003, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: swap info needed....... (hondacivic4g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondacivic4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now here is where i get confused do i need to run the SI distributor or the d16y7 distributor</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to use an 88-91 Civic/CRX Si or 88-91 CRX HF distributor. The Y7 distributor will not work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also with the intake manifold set up, do i need to change the injectors and fuel rail to something different or just use a FPR to adjust the fuel flow using the current set up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Definitely use OBD0 injectors and a resistor box: 1988-91 Civic/CRX or 90-91 Integra injectors

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can any one suggest other ways or parts from other motors i could use to enhance the power out put, rods,pistons,cams,valve train parts, exhaust header,ecu, milling head, or good ole tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll leave that one up to you to decide as there are millions of different part and combos that would accomplish that.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: swap info needed....... (VTECVillain)

Thanks for helping me out. Seems to be an avoidable topic ,but I appreciate you helping me with my confusion.