Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid Hybridized Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Hybridized Stuff

I have a B16a from an Xsi using a 00 SI intake manifold with a 94 Integra LS throttle body. I kind of threw some parts together during the swap and I am now having some problems. I know that I need a fast Idle valve but I'm not sure which one I need to buy. An Acura parts guy at a dealership suggested an ITR throttle body assy ($500 PLUS), or a fast idle valve for a 94 LS (about $50). I dont know
which one would actually work better. I could always put on the first getn manifold, but I dont like all the pluged up vac lines.

Any thoughts welcome

Old 03-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Stupid Hybridized Stuff (PhucNguyen57)

well one problem with the 00 Si manifold is that the IAT sensor is blocked off on runner #3 or 4....you'll have to do something about that. I say you look for a 92-95 B16 intake manifold to fix that issue.

As far as the FIV goes, you can bypass it if the LS TB doesn't have one. Just reroute or block off the the coolant lines that go to the FIV, it won't hurt your engine at all nor hamper horsepower.

Old 03-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Hybridized Stuff (Katman)

I have one, and a 94 Ls manifold. Could I solve my problem by just purchasing an ITR throttle body?

[Modified by PhucNguyen57, 1:47 PM 3/27/2003]
Old 03-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one, and a 94 Ls manifold. Could I solve my problem by just purchasing an ITR throttle body?

...if memory serves me right, the 94 LS TB doesn't have an FIV, and neither does an ITR TB. All you gotta do is bypass the coolant lines (like what i mentioned above) to the FIV, and your FIV problems are solved.

What other problems besides the FIV are you having?

[Modified by Katman, 1:54 PM 3/27/2003]
Old 03-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I first did the swap, over a year ago, it did not do this so I dont really think it is the parts configuration. Honda's are kind of like Legos in that "if it fits, it works." Anyway now it idles really high and if I put my finger over the little hole in the TB it calms down. THe FIV was bypassed when I put the motor in, and the 94 throttlebody had the FIV on it. I think some people who I have talked to about this have it confused with the IAC valve, but this car has both. At this point I'm seriously considering buying a delsol VTEC intake manifold, throttle body and all the pieces that go with it. I would just put the original intake and TB on, but the TPS was broken in shipping, and I hate trying to calibrate those. My car needs a lot of other **** also, I'm just doing it one problem at a time.

[Modified by PhucNguyen57, 2:19 PM 3/27/2003]
Old 03-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I first did the swap, over a year ago, it did not do this so I dont really think it is the parts configuration. Honda's are kind of like Legos in that "if it fits, it works." Anyway now it idles really high and if I put my finger over the little hole in the TB it calms down. THe FIV was bypassed when I put the motor in, and the 94 throttlebody had the FIV on it. I think some people who I have talked to about this have it confused with the IAC valve, but this car has both. At this point I'm seriously considering buying a delsol VTEC intake manifold, throttle body and all the pieces that go with it. I would just put the original intake and TB on, but the TPS was broken in shipping, and I hate trying to calibrate those. My car needs a lot of other **** also, I'm just doing it one problem at a time.
wow, you just stressed me out.

What hole on the TB are you talking about, that you placed your finger over?
Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The one that goes to the FIV. I think I'm just going to have to tear it up this weekend and fick around with stuff. Then buy a bunch of new electronic parts. Sorry aobut stressing you out. I'm kind of stressed also. I have so much to do to get this car back into shape. I have not treated her well.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 2000 gsr TB I will trade you for your 94 ls TB..mine has NO FIV and I need one with a FIV...

let me know.

David
Old 03-27-2003, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stupid Hybridized Stuff (99Hybrid_Hatch)

I have a 2000 gsr TB I will trade you for your 94 ls TB..mine has NO FIV and I need one with a FIV...

let me know.

David
let me check out what I can do this weekend. I may figure something out.