Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   Strange idle issue on turbocharged lsvtec (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/strange-idle-issue-turbocharged-lsvtec-3202579/)

hardcore97 04-09-2014 08:47 AM

Strange idle issue on turbocharged lsvtec

my car just recently started having a wierd idle issue. it will idle fine when started but after running for a minute it starts idling like it has a vacuum leak, but ive checked everything and there is no leak i also noticed the wideband reading changes drastically when it does this. the ONLY thing that got changed was moving where the ground off of the battery was bolted. would it be possible that is whats causing the issue? heres a quick video of what its doing. it still does it at partial throttle but at WOT it holds right where it needs to be as far as A/F goes.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps086c973b.jpg

grumblemarc 04-09-2014 10:01 AM

Re: Strange idle issue on turbocharged lsvtec

You could have answered your question by undoing what you did and reverting to the previous configuration to see if it fixed the problem since you state that's all that changed.

Now it should be that simple unless you neglected to furnish some info, like maybe you were attempting a wire tuck or something.

hardcore97 04-09-2014 10:58 AM

Nope. All I did was unbolt the ground strap because I had it bolted to the floor where the seat goes. It won't fit back there with the seat in. No other wiring was messed with other than that. I will mess with it tomorrow and see if that fixes it by moving it back.

hardcore97 04-09-2014 04:10 PM

No change. Reflashed the ecu and it also didn't change anything

grumblemarc 04-10-2014 02:46 AM

Maybe you might want to pull that code. A solid light is a bad thing. Also, does it do that all the time or only until the car reaches operating temp? Or possibly after a real hard pull? I had an ECU with a CROME basemap and it did that. Light and all (after a hard run).

hardcore97 04-10-2014 05:02 AM

thats the SRS light not the check engine light. it does it all the time. im gonna swap a different dizzy on today and see if that changes anything

hardcore97 04-11-2014 05:27 AM

any other suggestions at all? this is annoying

m4xwellmurd3r 04-11-2014 05:49 AM

Redo your ground cable. If the issue started after you messed with simething first course of action should always be to undo what was changed.
I know you said thats not possible, so try finding a suitable ground location. Sand it to bare metal, make sure its tight, etc.

hardcore97 04-11-2014 08:39 AM

i took the seat out and put it back where it was originally, still does it. sanded to bare metal and bolted it back on, still does it. new locations also still do it, even when sanded down to bare metal

grumblemarc 04-11-2014 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by hardcore97 (Post 49647965)
any other suggestions at all? this is annoying

I had a couple. You didn't answer. Maybe looking at the IACV?

hardcore97 04-11-2014 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 49648836)
I had a couple. You didn't answer. Maybe looking at the IACV?

i just cleaned the IACV before the tune. i answered your other questions. the light is not the CEL its the SRS light, its been on ever since ive owned the car which is about 10 years now. i moved everything back to how it was originally and it changed nothing. what other suggestion did you have that i didnt answer?

HiProfile 04-11-2014 06:38 PM

Try following the IACV reset procedure detailed in the service manual. If the new ground is netting higher voltages, it's possible the IACV is overshooting. The reason it doing it a bit after startup could be from having a FITV.

grumblemarc 04-12-2014 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by grumblemarc (Post 49645531)
I had an ECU with a CROME basemap and it did that. Light and all (after a hard run).

That was my other suggestion. With a boosted setup you might want to list all aspects of teh build since the addition of a turbo complicates things above and beyond a stock build.

hardcore97 04-12-2014 02:00 PM

ecu is Hondata s300. holset hx35, hondata 4 bar map, oem TPS, built bottom end sleeved, rods, pistons, built head. oem HG arp headstuds. no other issues other than this. i have no CEL, as i said earlier that is the SRS light and has been on for years. and yes the CEL works as it is supposed to. comes on when the key is turned on and then goes off