Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starting my LS swap into 95 CX hatch, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting my LS swap into 95 CX hatch, few questions.

so ive had my stock CX for 6 months and i'm tired of the 70ish crank horsepower. its time to swap, so im going to sell my currently non-practical camaro and buy some upgrades. so far a buddy of mine got ran off the road and totalled his 93 integra, so im going to buy it for real cheap. and then a few weeks after that another friend got rear ended in his '99 civic Si, totalling it. he told me today he would be parting it out and i told him i wanted his transmission. so that gets me the engine, hydro transmission and whatever else i can scavage off the integra. so here's my questions:

what else can i use off the integra, i know its the wrong generation and i know i need a different tranny and engine/trans mounts off of a 94+, but what about- wiring? ECU? axels? shift linkage?

i was told the ECU would work, but would i have to do anything to get the wiring to work?

what flywheel and clutch would people recomend to compliment a stock LS with b16 trans in an EG? (might as well do it while the motor is out) also, the clutch in the integra is less then a week old, would a stock clutch with a lighter flywheel be a good idea?

also, non engine related: are the rear brakes and/or any of the other suspension components good to me? (i have to see what hasnt been damaged in the crash)

and other not as important things that i would like to know later:

what kind of suspension should i go with to give my car improved handling but still maintain a nice enough ride to ride comfortably in everyday? i was thinking stock springs off a 92-95 si and koni red struts or tokico illumina's. would this be good? i dont want to drop it too much, and every aftermarket spring i read about sound mostly for looks and less for ride control, i want a spring that is all about ride and less about looks.

thanks, Adam
Old 03-22-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: starting my LS swap into 95 CX hatch, few questions. (TiresmokinHONDA)

The engine will work if you either convert to OBD-1 by getting a OBD-1 Distributor and Fuel Injectors and by getting an actual OBD-1 Harness because that SI is OBD-2 and the Integra is OBD-0. Or you could go through RyWire.com and get a conversion harness for like $100. The Driver side mount will not work from the 93 Block, but the rear should. If you can get an inside mount which is the part that directly bolts to the block, then you can use your D-series driver side bushing mount. For the tranny, I am not sure if the SI mount will bolt up, but the D-series one will, so you can use that. Wiring will be plug and play. I would just use an LS ECU (P75). You will need a B-series shift linkage and B-series axles. AXLES!!! Depending on what tranny and intermediate shaft you have, it will be a little different. Make sure you look closely at the splining on the intermediate shaft. Not all b-series axles will work with this swap. I have a 93 block with a 94 tranny and head in my 92 cx. I am running a stock flywheel and a stage 1 exedy single plate and it puts it down. I can get my tires chirping in 3rd gear with my setup. It is compeletly stock except for Intake.
-John
Old 03-22-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: starting my LS swap into 95 CX hatch, few questions. (Beater114)

okay let me get a few things straight, the integra is obd1, and so is my car, so why would i need an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness? and wouldnt that mean the ECU is a p75? or even a p74 should work? and the si being obdII has nothing to do with anything because im only using the transmission off that car.

also what did you mean by "depending on your tranny and intermediate shaft you have" the trans is a b16 trans out of a 99 si, and the axles are out of a 93 integra ls, would that work? or would i have to get the axles out of a 94+ ls? or the civic si maybe?

and you say b-series shift linkage, will the one off the '93 work? what about the si? they are both b-series, just different chassis'.

sorry for the questions its just there are some gray areas and i need to know 100% considering this car is my daily driver and i want to do this in a weekend with as few complications as possible. so if i know exactly what parts i need first then it will help. but thanks so far.

-Adam
Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: starting my LS swap into 95 CX hatch, few questions. (TiresmokinHONDA)

Ohh...ok. I assumed the 93 was OBD-0...sorry. Yeah...a p74/5 will work. For the axles....I needed 2 different generation axles because of the intermediate shaft. B-Series splining is all the same...but look for male and female ends. I bought 3 sets of axles before I got it right. Either linkage will work. Sorry for the shady response.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:57 PM

nah its cool, thanks for the clearification.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Beater114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ohh...ok. I assumed the 93 was OBD-0...sorry. Yeah...a p74/5 will work. For the axles....I needed 2 different generation axles because of the intermediate shaft. B-Series splining is all the same...but look for male and female ends. I bought 3 sets of axles before I got it right. Either linkage will work. Sorry for the shady response. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I bought a few axles aswell... The SI will have a female end for the half-shaft. Try to get both axles and the intermediate shaft from the 00 SI.

As for your springs. Look into RSR springs, they are some-what pricey, but drop the car only about an inch and they ride suprisingly nice. I had them in my EG for awhile, and ride hight looked stockish and it huged the road much better than the stock springs... oh, plus they were plain old black springs.