Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some ZC questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some ZC questions

i think I've decided on the zc for two reasons: cost and ease of installation.
But since i'm gonna do the cheaper swap I'm gonna splurge on a few goodies. What header should I get? I remember past discussions about Kamikazee and DC headers and one was better than the other for the ZC but I don't remember. Could someone advise. Also, I've already got a thermal on my a6 and that'll carry over yes? As well as the intake if i'm not mistaken, so if I get an AEM I should get the one for the CRX correct.

What should I be looking out for on this new engine? I seem to recall another set of discussions about the distributors and their inclination to fail. Should I have that replaced before install aswell and if so which dist. should I use?

I've also read conflicting opinions on which ecu to use, ZC or Teg. What exactly are the differences, from what I've seen it's mainly thatthe rev limiter is different on the teg ecu and it causes the car to run rich, but a lot of people seem to use it so what are the benefits of the teg over the zc?

Same goes for trannies, keep my Si or get a ZC? Didn't someone say at some point that the best set-up was a Si trans with a ZC final drive or vice versa? Or am I totally off my rocker? I thought there was talk of a hybrid-tranny.

I'll be looking around the Hybrid website today and in the future but thought I'd ask here too because I usually get good advice and opinions. Feel free to give any advice or let me know if I'm forgetting something.
Thanks
Evan