Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 05:03 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts

Just some samples there. Not really being biased, but just an informative write up with the two mount H22 mount kits in comparason. Already working on another H22 mount kit comparason (ENJO.... looks exactly the same as the Totem kit), and also the B-series kits. Rest of the pictures & write up are here for your enjoyment: http://www.JDMshit.com/Totem/
Old 06-15-2003, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts (Newman)

I could have sworn you showed this already..
Old 06-15-2003, 09:54 PM
New User

Default Re: Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts (Jason kiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could have sworn you showed this already.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but I wasn't finished. I finally got picts of the HCP mounts on the SAME car to use as a comparson and finally put it all together. But now that I had the side-by-side picts up, I figured I'd throw it up again (since I originally said back then in another post that I'd finish up a write-up on it).
Old 06-15-2003, 10:04 PM

Hey newman, is HCP every gonna come out with a traction bar for the h series?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:05 AM

Yeah just messing with ya. And yeah that WOULD be a nice idea since they should know the dimensions of the engine in a civic already. Maybe they could even work out something with Jim over at jimfab.com that would fit. I have spoken with him and he said if we can give him the measurements then he will build it, however I dont have easy access to equipment and such...

Old 09-28-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

How come it doesn't mention that the totem kit includes a front corssmember mount (the most important one for a h22 motor)... where the hcp and hasports do not? (at least the last time I checked they didn't)...

Seems to me that having a crossmember mount is worth it in itself... even if you use other brands for the other 3-4 mounts.

Also as far as how it sits.... are you guys sure it's not to make the tranny align more properly with the wheels...

I've heard a LOT of stuff about the h22 tranny snapping axels in a civic because of the angle created at the tranny... if the totem mounts have the engine sit oddly in the bay so that the tranny has a better angle I once again would prefer the totem kit to another...

Just curious.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts (NonovUrbizniz)

Those totem (& enjo) mounts are crap.

Hybrid Automotive has installed well over 20+ of the HCP mount kits into customer cars and *never* had a customer come back with broken axles - or axles issues at all for that matter, or any kind of alignment/engine bay issues. The HCP mounts are a top quality product which we are happy to use and sell.

Hybrid Autmotive proudly reccomends HCP Engineering (and HASport) engine mount kits.

(For the record - No, we are not affiliated with either HCP or HASport).

Thanks
Jeff Sloan, Owner
Hybrid Automotive
Old 09-28-2003, 08:31 PM
New User

Default Re: Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Seems to me that having a crossmember mount is worth it in itself... even if you use other brands for the other 3-4 mounts.

Also as far as how it sits.... are you guys sure it's not to make the tranny align more properly with the wheels...

I've heard a LOT of stuff about the h22 tranny snapping axels in a civic because of the angle created at the tranny... if the totem mounts have the engine sit oddly in the bay so that the tranny has a better angle I once again would prefer the totem kit to another...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

When a 3 mount kit is dynoed at 440 hp to the wheels and the motor does not move at all and there is little vibration with 3 solid mounts, then the front mount isn't needed (I've seen this in person too.... just need to get it on video next time). As for axles, motor placement will have something to do with it but if it's too much off to one side, then the axles used will be way off and will bind all the time. For companies that put zero R&D into their product, you can notice right away the "little" problems that are run into during a swap such as a H22 into a Civic chassis.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

For companies that put zero R&D into their product, you can notice right away the "little" problems that are run into during a swap such as a H22 into a Civic chassis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll second that about the R&D issue as I know the operation of the afore mentioned. There's also a reason why the Enjo mounts look exactly the same as the Totem. But you'll have to PM me regarding that.

Newman
HCP
Old 09-29-2003, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Some Pictures.... Totem H22 mounts vs. HCP H22 mounts (jeff652)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeff652 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those totem (& enjo) mounts are crap.

Hybrid Automotive has installed well over 20+ of the HCP mount kits into customer cars and *never* had a customer come back with broken axles - or axles issues at all for that matter, or any kind of alignment/engine bay issues. The HCP mounts are a top quality product which we are happy to use and sell.

Hybrid Autmotive proudly reccomends HCP Engineering (and HASport) engine mount kits.

(For the record - No, we are not affiliated with either HCP or HASport).

Thanks
Jeff Sloan, Owner
Hybrid Automotive</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey jeff !! that you who left the business card on my blue integra ?? hahah . hey .. hrmm how much would you charge me to try to get my damn drivers side lower AC/engine moun t to go in fine? i doubt it my frames outta wack but i cant get the godamn thing to line up worth **** .. so i've been running without it .. 262 WHP and 254 WTQ in my B20 turbo isnt treating my hood very nice .. my equal length turbo mani is hittin the hood. and its cuz the engine torques up and back due to the " missing" mount. thanks let me know PM me ..
Old 09-30-2003, 04:32 PM

does not having the front crossmember mount effect engine performance? Does it move and hit the hood? I would assume that not having it would cause the hood to be hit by the motor torqueing back and forth.

On the other hand...what is the benefit to not having the front crossmember mount? Is their more space to add things like a turbo kit and what not?
Old 09-30-2003, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: jeff652& Newman

Cool...

I had noticed the additional mount with the totem set and was curious...

Thanks for all the detailed answers guys.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jeff652& Newman (NonovUrbizniz)

Honda's have front mounts on the Prelude because the mounts are soft and squishy for comfort. Hasport's three mount system has never had an engine movement problem unless the customer has chosen a urethane that was too soft for his or her application.

The rear mount controls the majority of the torque movement. The front mount on a stock Prelude limits the amount the engine can torque after the rear mount absorbs most of the movement. It's the same story with the 88-91 Civics and CRXes.

And as for the similarity between the Totem and Enjo, I'm guessing it's because they both come from Vigo Trading and they're made by some company in China.

brian g