Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seized at first now oil in cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seized at first now oil in cylinder

To cut down on 2-3 years of details, b16a2 in a 98 hatch. It sat for almost a year in my climate controlled storage, then a few weeks outside completely covered & before the engine was put it, we checked & it would easily hand turn over. I put it in the car & then we had a rash of really bad weather keeping me from finishing the grounds & bleeding my brakes. After the snow melted, I hooked up all the grounds & finally connected it to a battery. No CEL or anything odd, then go to turn it over & hear a slight try then a click, After going over everything I could someone said to hand crank & check for lock, I did & it hardly would budge. After some research, I tried some Mystery oil & after 2 days of letting about a shot glass each day sit, it was free & could turn without problem. After I gave it 1 full turn some of the mystery oil popped out of the 2nd cylinder & I heard a sound im unsure of, it was a knock type sound right as the oil popped out, so I am unsure of exactly what I heard. . Now when I look through the spark hole I can still see oil & it wont hand turn over past a point. At this point Im lost on what to do with the swap..
Any suggestions on clearing out the oil or what may be keeping it on top of the piston?
Is it safe to see if I can at least get it to crank? My guess matches what im told is its something to do with the rings. Any option other then taking the engine apart/ back out?