Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc.

Sorry 4the double post, not 2sure where this fits-IN

Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc.

fully ported and polished GSR Head with complete Ferrea valvetrain, stainless-steel valves, springs, and retainers... stock gsr cams & adjustable sprockets... JG Victor X manifold and throttle body... ARP head studs and Mr. Gasket's MLS head gasket... type-r ecu...

...i can no longer just walk by this day after day just stockpiling parts for my DARTb20 bottom-end &... i was wondering if there'd be a valve clearance, possible bent valve issue if i where to go ahead and mate the head to my stock b20b bottom-end **** has been going so good 4me lately... i'd hate 2 now.

AGAIN, Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc. & BIGup -tech fam! Thankx in advance.

Modified by Mulan at 9:12 PM 12/1/2003
Old 12-01-2003, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc. (Mulan)

i knew i'd 4get something... the head came off an old LS/Vtec setup i had so the oil line's there, oil passage tapped in the head and welded shut, and already purchased Full Race's LSVtec head dowels.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Searching for WORDS of Wisdom, Experience, Comfort/Consolation, etc. etc. (Mulan)

Check this out : Some good readings and do a lot of searching. There are a lot of posts on ls/vtec or crvtec. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2003, 04:01 PM

nice

in one of the import tuners a guy used a old head gasket put some putty on the dome of the piston (just a little) mated the head put the belt on and gave a full rotation. i thought i was kinda funny but it worked. seem logical. he didnt torque the head sence the gaskets been crushed it should be perfect.

is the head milled? probably is but if it is less than .003 ull be fine. see alot of gsr heads mated to b20's GL

U sound like me i hated looking at my motor on the ground in pecies, but was afraid to watch my motor die even thought its been built right..

Id suggest taking to a pro if your that worried. Dont take some internet kids advice.