Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running way to rich.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running way to rich.

I got a 00 Civic with a H22A1. I swapped the motor and it ran fine, but my tps was busted. So it only showed fully open or fully shut. I got a Hondata S200 on it and it was tuned with the bad tps. Then I changed out the throttle body with a edelbrock 70mm. It idles fine enough, but any change to throttle and it runs like crap. sounds horrible. It is running so rich. I pulled the plugs to see how they are burning and they were just dripping fuel. They were iridium plugs so they shouldn't be fouled out, so I changed them to some nology silvers. Still runs the same. The car is just running so rich. Any ideas?
Old 06-30-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Running way to rich. (Ur_A_Towel)

would the injector resistor box wired wrong make it the injectors run open. I haven't checked yet on the wiring i was just wondering if it would stick open or shut.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

retune. you can't tune with a bad signal, and then throw in a good tps and expect the tune to be good.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Running way to rich. (warrick)

yeah I got a whole brand new throttle body and it still runs like crap. It shouldn't that bad. Even if it is the hondata out of tune it still wouldn't be that bad. I put the stock p13 on it and it runs worse. I just need to get it able to drive a little better so I can get it to place that can work on it, which is about a hour and a half away.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:45 AM

all your TPS does is send a signal to the ECU showing if the TPS is 0-100%, all this does is let the ECU know what's going to be expected of it. I would suggest checking your MAP sensor because that is what is going to affect your AFR, you might have pulled the plug off of it or a hose, so double check all of your connections and hoses.

I would also suggest uploading a stock fuel/ign map to the ECU to get it back to basics. Make sure to make a backup of the original in case you want to compare your current tune to the new one down the road.

Usually you'll get a check engine light if any of your sensors are unpluged, but it's always a good idea to double check sensor connections under rich conditions.

It's also possible that your ECU has entered limp mode, but if your plugs are soiled in fuel, it sounds a little more than just limp mode. Also, if they're soiled, are you sure they're firing?

Take everything I said with a grain of salt though, I still consider myself a beginner and I'm just making suggestions.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Running way to rich. (Accord2k-Hybrid)

Yeah I'm looking at getting a new map sensor to try. I don't know what else to try. I can't edit my hondata. I don't have the editor. Thanks.