Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California?

Old 06-26-2002, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California?

I'm planning to do a right hand drive conversion on my prelude....Planning to weld on a jdm front clip...

I know that there are shops that do this type of frame welding to wrecked cars.

Does anyone know of any reputable shops in southern california that have done this type of frame welding, and have the proper frame machines and calibration machinery?

Thanx...
Old 06-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (Wiked935EK)

dont do that RHD crap, it's a waste of money. Is your car wrecked???? If it isn't then dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Modified by JDM Dasilva, 12:29 PM 6/26/2002]
Old 06-26-2002, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (Wiked935EK)

I know people go a little overboard with JDM but good lord. I think it's a total waste of money.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:53 PM
New User

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (B-series Assassin)

What a complete and utter waste of a good car and money. You are an idiot if you do this.

BTW, I dont know of any shops stupid enough to do that on a street driven car.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (ridge racer 2)

HAHAHAHA
dude are you serious?
for what thats gonna cost you could IMPORT A JDM PRELUDE
now the riceboys are going JDM
great.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (KAMiN)

Kamin, Whats up with people on this board like you who swear they are the almighty automotive enthusiast Gods... If you can't answer the question, don't even post. Who are you calling riceboy and why are you trying to criticize a JDM conversion? What... is it too extreme if someone wants to convert their Integra to a JDM front end now too? You're speculating on "for what thats gonna cost...".. Well, do you even KNOW how much its going to cost?? No, I didn't think so. Stop running at your mouth, trying to sound like you know a lot when you don't. FYI, there are shops that do this to cars that have been wrecked. They just weld on front clips of cars that have been hit in the back. Keep your childish and uneducated comments to yourself if you don't have anything constructive to say. Peace.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:50 AM
New User

I saw a front clip for a prelude with no motor for like $200 bucks on the http://www.recycler.com under right hand drive in parts. Check it out. If you need help finding a front let me know.
Old 06-27-2002, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Kamin, Whats up with people on this board like you who swear they are the almighty automotive enthusiast Gods... If you can't answer the question, don't even post. Who are you calling riceboy and why are you trying to criticize a JDM conversion? What... is it too extreme if someone wants to convert their Integra to a JDM front end now too? You're speculating on "for what thats gonna cost...".. Well, do you even KNOW how much its going to cost?? No, I didn't think so. Stop running at your mouth, trying to sound like you know a lot when you don't. FYI, there are shops that do this to cars that have been wrecked. They just weld on front clips of cars that have been hit in the back. Keep your childish and uneducated comments to yourself if you don't have anything constructive to say. Peace.
dude, you are a bonified n00b! you are assuming too much. we're actually trying to save him money. hey i would stop you from doing a transvestite prostitute if you did not know it. so shizzle my nizzle i still think the RHD conversion is a waste of money.

[Modified by JDM Dasilva, 12:03 PM 6/27/2002]
Old 06-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

935EK - dood go back to putting Skyline tailights on your EK or Corvette Tail's on your integra. Oh wait I forgot even the 935 draggers crew went "JDM" now...
Old 06-27-2002, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not an almighty car god. there are people who know 100x the amount that i know. im posting because im trying to save you ALOT of time, money and headaches. do you have any idea how much is involved in converting a car to RHD? espically because your gonna weld on a clip? your gonna weaken the entire structural integrity of the car unless you pay big money to have it welded correctly. no i dont KNOW how much its gonna cost, nobody KNOWS how much its gonna cost. the shop is going to give you an estimate not a price in writing. a project of that magnitude, will break the bank. my "childish undeucated comments" could save you a grip of cash. this is the internet, take everything with a grain of salt. dont get all butt hurt because people think its a bad idea. i dont care if you want my opinion or not. im going to give it to you because if you would listen to not just what im saying, what other people are saying. you would realize that it would be cheaper to import a real jdm prelude.

edit: im not calling you a riceboy, im saying the RICEBOYS are trying to go JDM now. it went mainstream.

[Modified by KAMiN, 1:10 PM 6/27/2002]
Old 06-27-2002, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (turbochris)

I'm curious... what good is a front clip going to do you? Unless you're going to chop the front of your car off and weld it on....

As for the hostile responses... this site has traditionally been a technically minded one. For some reason, there has been an influx of "RHD conversion", "Sylvia motor in an Integra", "convert my civic to RWD" type crap lately. If you're into that, there are a handful of shops that can do that kind of wild stuff if you have the money. Bottom line, that's for the show scene, which this board is not about.

Do yourself, and this board a favor, and search out that information elsewhere.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (JeffS)

I'm curious... what good is a front clip going to do you? Unless you're going to chop the front of your car off and weld it on....

As for the hostile responses... this site has traditionally been a technically minded one. For some reason, there has been an influx of "RHD conversion", "Sylvia motor in an Integra", "convert my civic to RWD" type crap lately. If you're into that, there are a handful of shops that can do that kind of wild stuff if you have the money. Bottom line, that's for the show scene, which this board is not about.

Since when do you tell people what they can or cannot post? He asked a simple question. Either help him out and post some useful information or **** off.

So what is this board REALLY about? Bugging the **** out of people who ask a question that may not suit the holy HT gods? Or is it about helping out people with questions on their cars? I ask alot of tech questions including one about a gsr into vx swap. Two people helped me with what they knew. Someone posts about a RHD conversion and 20 people jump his ****. So why do you really get on the computer every night? To argue with everyone and try to prove how bad you are typing keys? Well if it makes you feel more like a man then good for you. Chances are though when you call someone a idiot in person for asking a stupid question, you'll be picking up your teeth off the street.

BTW These cars do not belong here!!!!

Old 06-28-2002, 02:02 PM
New User

How exactly do you "run at a mouth"
Old 06-28-2002, 02:07 PM
New User

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (nsxmatt)

Since when do you tell people what they can or cannot post? He asked a simple question. Either help him out and post some useful information or **** off.

So what is this board REALLY about? Bugging the **** out of people who ask a question that may not suit the holy HT gods? Or is it about helping out people with questions on their cars? I ask alot of tech questions including one about a gsr into vx swap. Two people helped me with what they knew. Someone posts about a RHD conversion and 20 people jump his ****. So why do you really get on the computer every night? To argue with everyone and try to prove how bad you are typing keys? Well if it makes you feel more like a man then good for you. Chances are though when you call someone a idiot in person for asking a stupid question, you'll be picking up your teeth off the street.

BTW These cars do not belong here!!!!

What the **** is your problem, we gave an opinion, something we as H-T members have a right to do. I answered his question and told him I thought he was an idiot for doing it. I dont want to be driving down the road next to a car that has been cut in half and then put back together.

Kamin and everyone else has been here longer than you have so dont act like a bitch, I meet you in person, I would say the same **** to you.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (slowerthanu)

What the **** is your problem, we gave an opinion, something we as H-T members have a right to do. I answered his question and told him I thought he was an idiot for doing it. I dont want to be driving down the road next to a car that has been cut in half and then put back together.

Kamin and everyone else has been here longer than you have so dont act like a bitch, I meet you in person, I would say the same **** to you.
He didn't ask for a opinion, so don't give one.

You obviously have nothing productive to say so don't say it at all.

If you don't like riding next to a car that has been cut in half then don't leave the house because there are thousands of cars on the road rebuilt that way every year.

So what you've been here longer. Get a life and leave the computer desk once in a while and quit bitching on the computer. Maybe you'll be a better person someday and maybe those blisters on your hand will heal up.
Old 06-29-2002, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (nsxmatt)

hahhahahah..... u guys act like a bunch of kids...
Old 06-29-2002, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (baonest)

ha
Old 06-29-2002, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Right Hand Drive Conversion....shop in Southern California? (88'CRIX)

ok maybe he wanted to do it? why do you guys do some of the **** to your cars? why do some of you so called jdm ***** pay 150 bucks for corner lights and then call **** on this guy because he wants to convert his car to rhd? don't give him **** and say "i'm trying to save you money" blah blah blah. anyone ever think that he has the money at his disposal? ****, some of you guys are ******* dumbasses. all you want is what you cant have.

wiked, im or email me if you want info on how to do it. we might do this to my car (and for all you ***** who say it would cost a lot, it would actually be free so shut up) if i dont decide to import and register a car (yes, i can do this, no dont ask me if i can do it for you). but anyways, i'll let you know what you have to do and all.

maybe try helping a guy out instead of thinking you're the ****. some people have money and can do things unlike some of you cheap lowballing *****.

ps. if this doesn't apply to you, then you shouldn't get mad.