Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raw gas smell out of exaust need to know asap

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raw gas smell out of exaust need to know asap

1999 ctr moter changed my test pipe back to the cat and now i get a raw gas smell and im losing about 25 miles out of a tank what should my fpr be set at as of now its at 48 lbs anyone who knows this need to no asap with the test pipe on i didnt get the raw gas smell but i set the fpr to where the gauge read when the stock fpr was on and test pipe?wtf
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: raw gas smell out of exaust need to know asap (Pojazz)

Periods man, periods. You can't tell where one sentence begins and one ends.

You could have a misfire, or the cat could be junked up and you need to run the hell out of it. If its only doing it with the old cat and not the test pipe I'd say the cat. And as far as losing 25 miles out of a tank (i'm assuming you mean fuel economy) could be that the cat is such a restriction that you engine can't breathe as well, and suffers in fuel economy and power. But 25 miles out of a tank could also be just the way you drive from one fill up to the next. Alot of things go into fuel economy. Could be that the weather is changing since the last time you filled up and the cooler air means the engine adds more fuel.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you got an o2 before and after the cat??

if its an old used cat then it could be clogged and throwing off the o2 reading after the cat causing the car to just dump craploads of gas.

Pull your oil dipstick and smell for gas dude.

If it's smelling that bad you might be getting gas pushed past the rings and into the oil which is not very good.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: raw gas smell out of exaust need to know asap (stackz)

the ot is before the cat.(period) as for the cat it only has maybe 200 miles on it ill put the tesy pipe back on and try that. what difference would it make if the o2 was in front or behind?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:26 PM

actually the o2 sensor after the cat has little to do with anything. Its basically to check to see if the cat is reducing emissions the way it should. I don't think that it effects the fuel delivery very much, if at all. If you have an obd1 car it wouldn't even have one after the cat. Also, the cat doesn't work fully until it(the cat itself) is heated up.

Do you drive your car long distances, or just quick trips everywhere. Because when your car first starts, it runs fairly rich until it heats up fully. And that excess gas builds up in your cat.