Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator

stock gsr radiator hose is too big to go into my stock cx radiator...i havent tried usin stock cx hose but im guesin its too small to fit into the gsr motor...so what hose am i suposed to use?....help
Old 12-22-2002, 07:33 PM

Default Re: radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator (EGsex)

Dont use the stock clamp use a regular scroll type clamp. Still you really shouldnt use that radiator.its alot safer too use a delsol dohc radiator.dohc hoses with dohc radiator and you will probly need to shorten it an inch at the radiator side.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:27 PM

Default Re: radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator (jdmrhdbb2)

im usin gsr radiator right now, but it doesnt mount right, gotta customize it , gotta cut some **** on the bottom cus it wouldnt sit strate, and i have to do custom brackets on it too, but since i have my stock sohc radiator and ive got one buddy that also have gsr in his 94 cx and he runs it wit the stock radiator and its doin fine, been 5 months...so anyway if i do wanna use the stock radiator i can jus use the gsr hose and use the scroll type clamps??.....or wat
Old 12-22-2002, 08:39 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator (jdmrhdbb2)

get yourself a delsol vtec radiator or a 99-00 civic si radiator AND then get 99-00 civic si radiator hoses, and some hose clamps, and yer CHILLIN
Old 12-22-2002, 09:49 PM

Default Re: radiator hose for gsr into stock cx radiator (SIXTYdashONE)

The thing that new guys have to wait 24 hours to do more than 5replies sucks because this guy doing his swap might have went to Honda and bought the wrong hose and wasted his money. I had to relog so i could tell him that the water outlet flange is on the wrong side of the head, Trust me. The B16a,b16b,B17 and B18c5 share the same head cast and can use the same upper radiator hose.The GSR B18c1 and B18a,B18b,B20b and B20z all share a similar upper radiator outlet hose. So there maybe a chance that you could use 90-93B18a radiator hose because of diameter the hose connects more to the center of the car where it connects to the radiator.You could possibly use the hose but it will look odd and may kink and impede flow. You can rig and install the DC chasis integra radiator if you drill out the two spotwelds on the integra chasis and screw or weld the bracket on the civic.Then mount up the upperbrackets.If you wanted to keep A.C then your in for a lot of work for not a lot of gain. I really dont reccomend cutting the brackets for your factory radiator because you may eventually want to revert it back to stocklocation if one day you go turbo or something like that. Plus you will end up with more rust locations. As for your freind not running into problems, my geuss is that you paid good money for your swap and you dont want to risk it. It may hold up well now but who knows whats up for summer. If you boost it or raise the compression i.e. 1layerheadgasket,mill the head,deck the block or too much hard driving or n.o.s you build more heat. A proper radiator is a sound investment. I do swaps for a living and see simple screw ups cost lots of money all the time, We done more than 100 swaps in Atlanta from all over the country.