Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP!

I am in the proccess in putting a JDM H22A in my 94 integra. The motor is in already, And we mounted the radiator today, we were forced to take off the fans on the radiator cause it doesnt fit.
Anyone else have this problem, and what do u do to resolve it? I dont wanna buy a performance rad.

Also some people are telling me not to feed the linkage cables under the car and make sure u drill threw the fire wall , why is this?

Old 07-24-2003, 11:45 AM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP! (JSPEC4DR)

What mount kit are you using? That'll determine how much room up front you have on your DC Integra (which is the same as an EG, which is not much room at all so very slim fans are needed, or pusher fans in the front will be needed). As for the linkage, run it underneath the firewall, and then cut a hole in your floor to run the cable up into the interior that way, similar to the pictures below.....

Old 07-24-2003, 11:52 AM

Enjo Mount kit

So your saying I have to go to a store and buy a "slim fan" for my rad ?
Old 07-24-2003, 12:08 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPEC4DR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
So your saying I have to go to a store and buy a "slim fan" for my rad ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, unless you use an ultra slim / cheepo method, such as using your AC condensor fan as your radiator fan.... yes, it'll work as I did that on my EG Civic. On the EG/DC chassis, there's a lot less room up front (especially with the Prelude slave cylinder pointing out at 90 degrees) so it'll hit the fan shroud. Therefore, if you find a slim fan that's still not slim enough, you can make it into a pusher fan and place it INFRONT of the radiator, in between the radiator and bumper like this.....

Not and EG Civic, but same principle.

Old 07-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP! (Newman)

shoulda went with totem mounts. I still have my stock fan and it fits without a prob
Old 07-24-2003, 08:47 PM
New User

Default Re: Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP! (HyperFlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyperFlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shoulda went with totem mounts. I still have my stock fan and it fits without a prob</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.JDMshit.com/Totem

Old 07-24-2003, 10:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, unless you use an ultra slim / cheepo method, such as using your AC condensor fan as your radiator fan.... yes, it'll work as I did that on my EG Civic. On the EG/DC chassis, there's a lot less room up front (especially with the Prelude slave cylinder pointing out at 90 degrees) so it'll hit the fan shroud. Therefore, if you find a slim fan that's still not slim enough, you can make it into a pusher fan and place it INFRONT of the radiator, in between the radiator and bumper like this.....

Not and EG Civic, but same principle.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, thats just what I did......We wired the a/c condenser fan to turn on as soon as the key is turned.....no more overheating....btw I am using a 99 Civic Si rad in my Crx/H22a!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Totem = 420 bucks
HSP = 1100

so um ya totem all the way. My engine droped perfectly in

Old 07-26-2003, 01:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Newman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What mount kit are you using? That'll determine how much room up front you have on your DC Integra (which is the same as an EG, which is not much room at all so very slim fans are needed, or pusher fans in the front will be needed). As for the linkage, run it underneath the firewall, and then cut a hole in your floor to run the cable up into the interior that way, similar to the pictures below.....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is there any problems with the shift linkage being so close to the exhaust? Can't it heat up and burn it?
Old 07-26-2003, 10:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Rad Clearance w/H22a in my teg! PLZ HELP! (B18C5Xing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5Xing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Is there any problems with the shift linkage being so close to the exhaust? Can't it heat up and burn it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bad picture angle there, but it clears with more than 2 inches of room from the exhaust. The cables can be pulled up even more but I left some slack on my car, but it still cleared the exhaust and had zero problems for a year of driving (then I sold that particular car, but no problems with the new owner).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HyperFlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Totem = 420 bucks
HSP = 1100

so um ya totem all the way. My engine droped perfectly in
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dunno who HSP is but that price is way off the charts for a H22 Civic mount kit. HCP mount kits sell for less than $350. Again, http://www.JDMshit.com/Totem &lt;--- you be the judge.

Old 07-26-2003, 05:33 PM

buy a slim fan it is very easy and works great