Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions before I buy my motor...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions before I buy my motor...

I'm going to buy a B16b and put it in my 94 Civic DX. I know I have to add a wire for VTEC. What engine harness do I need to buy? I beleive I've read that the USDM ITR harness will work correct? Also I'm going to run a Kenji P28, so I don't have to wire for knock or second O2 correct? What timing belt and water pump is used? I would think one from the ITR or GSR would work since the b16b has the same deck height. Can anyone recommend a clutch? I'm going to change the clutch and flywheel and my hp goals right now are in the 170-180 range. Hopefully when funds become available I'll go over 200 that's in the future, but I'd like to be prepared. If I'm forgetting anything please feel free to add. Also does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the special tools and fluids I'll need? TIA
Old 06-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Questions before I buy my motor... (Skeletor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skeletor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going to buy a B16b and put it in my 94 Civic DX. I know I have to add a wire for VTEC. What engine harness do I need to buy? I beleive I've read that the USDM ITR harness will work correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

OBDII USDM ITR or GSR for closest plug and play compatability.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also I'm going to run a Kenji P28, so I don't have to wire for knock or second O2 correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can anyone recommend a clutch? I'm going to change the clutch and flywheel and my hp goals right now are in the 170-180 range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ACT Clutch, throw in the lightened flywheel too if you got a little extra $ to work with.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the special tools and fluids I'll need?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use the "search" and it'll reap you many rewards
Old 06-09-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Questions before I buy my motor... (VTECVillain)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ACT Clutch, throw in the lightened flywheel too if you got a little extra $ to work with.

Use the "search" and it'll reap you many rewards </TD></TR></TABLE>

I fiqured if someone responded they would add it in there. I was just being lazy
Can you recommend any particular ACT clutch for those NA HP goals? Thanks.