Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about transporting a swap.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about transporting a swap.

I am going Sunday to pick up my swap (b20) in my friends Dodge Ram. We already have the lift taken care of, im just worried about the ride home (and keeping the motor upright). Does anyone here have any suggestions on the easiest way to transport a motor? I was planning to call up home depot to see if i could get a pallete from them and somehow tie it down.

I am worried because I dont want to make a mess of the bed in my friends truck, and I also dont want any chance of the motor tipping over / etc. Any suggestions are appriciated.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about transporting a swap. (jaysonx)

Also, I did a search and didnt find any info. Don't bite my head off if this is a frequent topic.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about transporting a swap. (jaysonx)

Go to Home Deopt or if you have a Costco Wholesale or Price club in your area, and get a pallete. I just pushed my motor all the way to the front of the bed and piled things in front of it. At the time I was buying a cherry picker and I have the seats out of the Teg as well. Also you could just get some tie downs and strap it to the front(next to the cab) of the truck. Hope this helps
Old 09-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Questions about transporting a swap. (Civicboy)

I'm picking mine up sunday as well, I went to the newly built Target and pulled a pallet out of their dumpster. Farm & Fleet had a sale on 4 ratcheting 18' tie down straps for $13, I plan on using two to ratchet the engine to the pallet, and two to tie the pallet to the bed of the truck. Be very careful if the truck has bed liner, we're taking 2x4's and a hacksaw with us to cut wedges out to wedge the pallet in place so it doesn't slide around. I posted a couple days ago, here's what I found out.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=272285