Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK??

Its been a while since I thought of this topic... Just need to know things like suspension, brakes, Control arms, etc... Things of that nature that are compatible..

*Dont ask why* hehe
Old 11-09-2003, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (Jason kiDD)

This question of yours is too vague, there's too much to list cuz' there's a lot of stuff thats compatible between the 2 chassis's. Can you be more specific?

Old 11-09-2003, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (Katman)

I thought I was..

Struts, springs, brake lines, front knuckles, rear control arms??

That is about it..
Old 11-09-2003, 11:06 AM

So you are basically asking what brake and suspension parts from an eg will transfer to an ek chassis?
Old 11-09-2003, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (junglerunna02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by junglerunna02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you are basically asking what brake and suspension parts from an eg will transfer to an ek chassis?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, I think that's what he's looking.
Jason- Are you going to be staying obd1 or what? If not I got first dibs on the p28.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (UpstateCivic)

hehe Yeah. Because just in case this EK is in good shape and I get any ideas of putting the motor in there I want to see if things can be moved since my DSS axles comes with their own hub..

But I will probably just stick with the EG anyways since I already started with that..
I will currently getting parts to get it painted early next year so I will put up some pictures then of the final product. Going to the track this Sunday too so if any of you in the area make sure you come on thru..
Old 11-10-2003, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The springs and struts will changeover from EG to EK. Differences: EK brake lines don't mount to the front struts and the rear LCA are thinner on the EK. You'll need to add spacers (washers) on the EG struts on either side of the bolt hole through the LCA. The brake lines might swap over if the lengths are the same.
The hub splines are the same for EG/EK, I'm not sure if the complete EG hub/knuckles will interchange. The upper control arms and the lower are different on the EK. Brakes and rotors would be no problem if you are using the same sizes on both cars.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (VTECVillain)

yeah... vtecvillain said it...

springs
shocks
rotors
Old 11-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought I was..

Struts, springs, brake lines, front knuckles, rear control arms??

That is about it..</TD></TR></TABLE>
most of what VTECVIllian said is true...except the part about rear the lower control arms (if i read him right). You can't use rear EK LCA's on an EG or vice versa; EK rear LCA's are too long and are not compatible with the EG's as EG rear LCA's are too short for the EK chassis's rear suspension geometry. You'll have to stick with the EK LCA's on an EK and EG LCA's on an EG.

The knuckle assembly itself, from EK to EG are the same design, but you'll have to use the EK upper and lower control arms (for sure) to make everything compatible.

If the brake lines don't bolt up perfectly, you can always zip-tie them.

EG shocks/springs assy. will fit onto an EK, although for the rear shock will need some slight mod'ing. You'll have slightly widen the fork (where the EG shock mounts to the rear LCA) in order for it to fit onto the EK LCA.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:01 PM

Well the front knuckles which would be my only concern should fit up.. However I am currently using the GSR LCA with my rear disc setup on the EG so that was why I was wondering if it was transferable to the EK..

Old 11-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> However I am currently using the GSR LCA with my rear disc setup on the EG so that was why I was wondering if it was transferable to the EK..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, you can totally swap the rear disc brakes over to an EK, just make sure you use the EK rear LCA and not the GSR LCA's. GSR/integra & EG LCA's are geomtrically the same design (size/dimensions/etc) but are not the same as EK LCA's (longer).
Old 11-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Katman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">most of what VTECVIllian said is true...except the part about rear the lower control arms (if i read him right).</TD></TR></TABLE>

You read me wrong I was talking about the thickness, not the length of the LCA's when I said "You'll need to add spacers (washers) on the EG struts on either side of the bolt hole through the LCA" which you mention here:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EG shocks/springs assy. will fit onto an EK, although for the rear shock will need some slight mod'ing. You'll have slightly widen the fork (where the EG shock mounts to the rear LCA) in order for it to fit onto the EK LCA.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I put the Tein SS from my 92 VX onto a 96 DX hatch and the 96 LCA's were thinner than the 92. I had to use washers as spacers so it wouldn't bend the strut forks inward toward the arms because the EK arms were thinner.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you wanna go fast. Stay with the EG. Ek are too damn heavy.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Question, what can you transfer from an EG to an EK?? (SilverEk3dr)

Thanks I figure as much. Going to stay with the EG.. And make you guys proud..
Old 11-11-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECVillain &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You read me wrong
</TD></TR></TABLE>

DOH!