Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question To: Those Running H-Series/F-Series in EG/EK

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question To: Those Running H-Series/F-Series in EG/EK

I'm going to be swapping the F22b1 sohc vtec engine and manual trans from my 94 Accord EX Sedan into my younger brothers 95 Civic DX Hatch (Originally equipped with a D15b7 and an automatic transmission).

Questions>
Mounting: of the F22 in the EG. When the F22 is mounted in my accord there is a (1) rear mount, (1) trans mount, (1) drivers side mount *AND (1) front engine/transmission mount that mounts to the front engine cross member. All the mount kits I see (Avid Racing, Innovative, Hasport, Street Imports) That are for installing H and F series into an EG all include only three mounts and not the front engine/transmission mount. Yet the same kit for the EK includes a cross-bar with a mount for the front. Why? It doesn't make sense to run the F series in the EG without it's front mount, it would torque and rock Front/Back horribly. Do I need the kit for the EK? I read somewhere that the engine movement is controlled by using different durometer polyurethane bushings and so, the f22/h22 engines do not need the front mount when in the EG. Is there anyone who has done this swap who might want to chime in?

Wiring: Is it true that I will be plugging the POA Accord ECU into the EG harness? Then I must add wiring for the VTEC oil pressure switch
, VTEC Solenoid, the knock sensor and a few EVAP Wires TO the EG Harness? Should I take just the engine harness from the Accord and swap it in there instead? Along with all the emissions hardware? I understand I'll be doing some wiring for the auto to manual portion of the swap as well. Anyone who has done this that has any info on the wiring involved?

Drive-line: Is it necessary for a different intermediate shaft (half-shaft) than the one already in my Accord? I do understand that I need the H-Swap EG Axles.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question To: Those Running H-Series/F-Series in EG/EK

its fine with three
Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 4th mount is not needed. i have a dc with the avid racing h22 mounts and i love them.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks alot guys, I assumed since the kit only came with three, that three is all I needed.

How about the Axles/Intermediate Shaft situation? Do I need a special intermediate shaft? or is the one with the F22 and trans sufficient?

What harness should be used? I have the complete running Accord with the F22b1 in it. The 95 Civic hatch is also complete and running.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, I'm an idiot for not reading the sticky RIGHT at the top of the Hybrid forum.
That H22 swap into and EG Guide tells me mostly everything. Poison talks alot about adding alot of wires and modifying the EG harness. Why not just put the whole F22 harness in the EG? Am I missing something?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AccordVT
Wow, I'm an idiot for not reading the sticky RIGHT at the top of the Hybrid forum.
That H22 swap into and EG Guide tells me mostly everything. Poison talks alot about adding alot of wires and modifying the EG harness. Why not just put the whole F22 harness in the EG? Am I missing something?
because all of the Accord plugs at the shock tower are either not the same or has the wiring to certain components in different locations on the plugs as they are on the Civic

Its not a whole lot of wiring that has to be done. For example,take the EG harness and plug in the injectors (routing the harness just as you see the F22 harness on the F22 motor) try plugging in as many connectors as can reach. From there you will see what wires will either not reach (needs to be extended) or has a different connector (cut these plugs from the F22 harness, keeping in mind the length you need, and solder/heatshrink as needed) Most of the connectors will reach, automatically the alternator wiring and charge wire have to be extended. Off my head the reverse light switch connector is different, the fan switch at the thermostat housing will need to be extended, IAT might need extending, EGR valve wiring needs to be added if you intend to use it (depends on the ECU you use) stater solenoid wire needs to be extended. VTEC wiring will need to be added (If the first digit in the VIN is a 2 or J, it has the wiring set at the shock tower you just need to add them to the appropriate pins) and the addition of the resistor box. thats what i know off the bat