Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for all you LS/VTECer's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for all you LS/VTECer's

right now im working on my new project, an 90 si hatch. well anyway, theres a B16 in it for now...to make a long story short, i plan on being done with the exterior by the start of spring/end of march or so. so heres my dilema.im leaning towards doing a ls/vtec around summer time or so. as for the motor motor internals, for the block id run some JDM ITR pistons, probe rods, Z10 block girdle etc...and with the head, i plan on running the CTR/ITR mismatch cams, ITR surge tank etc....well heres my question. anyone familiar with putting in a B20A crank in a ls/vtec? ive heard of a few stories of people doing this with good outcomes...all thoughts and opinions are appreciated.thanks in advance.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:13 AM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: question for all you LS/VTECer's (ian)

right now im working on my new project, an 90 si hatch. well anyway, theres a B16 in it for now...to make a long story short, i plan on being done with the exterior by the start of spring/end of march or so. so heres my dilema.im leaning towards doing a ls/vtec around summer time or so. as for the motor motor internals, for the block id run some JDM ITR pistons, probe rods, Z10 block girdle etc...and with the head, i plan on running the CTR/ITR mismatch cams, ITR surge tank etc....well heres my question. anyone familiar with putting in a B20A crank in a ls/vtec? ive heard of a few stories of people doing this with good outcomes...all thoughts and opinions are appreciated.thanks in advance.

Couple of things.

1 - CTR/ITR cams (I'm assuming you mean CTR intake and ITR exhaust) The CTR and ITR exhaust cam are the same.

2 - The B20A crank is 95mm, and yes it can be installed, but the rod ratio goes to ****. Don't expect to rev this thing very high and have it last.

If you're going to go **/VTEC, why not go CRVTEC, you start with a 2.0l and the internals are similar to the LS engine. As of right now, there are pleanty of parts available to do this properly and have it last.

Search the board, there are a TON of topics on this.
Old 12-20-2001, 02:52 AM

Default Re: question for all you LS/VTECer's (B18C-EJ1)

man 1.58 r/s if that wasent shitty enough.with the b20a crank you would have a 1.44 r/s ratio. b20b/z would be the way to go for your its EXACTLY the same as a ls block just 84mm bore.

[Modified by rainforest, 12:17 PM 12/20/2001]
Old 12-20-2001, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: question for all you LS/VTECer's (rainforest)

First off I'm glad to seee you have been doing your research.
I don't have any personal experience with the prelude crank. Like the others have said, the r/s ratio sucks. If any crank was swapped,you should DESTROKE the motor with either a b16 or b17 crank. This will allow for the higher revs. If you're wanting more power due to the stroke(hense the prelude crank), just get a b20 shortblock and every thing will be skeety!
Old 12-20-2001, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question for all you LS/VTECer's (ian)

thanks guys....