Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qsd / Evo Center of Gravity question . . . NOT a VS. thread . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Qsd / Evo Center of Gravity question . . . NOT a VS. thread . .

A lower center of gravity is obviously a good thing when it comes to drag racing. Particularly in the 60ft when the launch/traction is the determining factor in how the entire run ends up .

So i have been debating swapping my evo kit out for a qsd for my own personal reasons ( not what this thread is about)

But i started to think . . .

The evo kit positions the motor closer to the ground (as shown in horrible ground clearance) While Qsd slightly raises it in comparison.

So my question is : do you think this lower center of gravity would result in a better 60ft? Obviously i know slick size, suspension, etc comes into play as well, but its just a thought.

Or do you think that the difference is so minimal that its pointless to even think about ?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Qsd / Evo Center of Gravity question . . . NOT a VS. thread . . (2fastGSR)

I've got a better one to rock your mind... wouldn't lowering the entire chassis closer to the ground create a more aerodynamic affect? The engine can only go so low before it hit's the ground right...

Honestly though it's minimal. It simply takes the right combination (HP, RPM, Slicks, feel, etc...) and practice. The longer wheel base is your coupe is helping weight transfer which is what makes you hook.

With our latest build we really stepped out of our short track comfort zone. Now that we are a little more power and a lot more torque, the combination has to be adjusted and it just takes practice to set it again.