Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question

I have a buddy selling me his JDM auto VTEC tranny. He says it has somesort of TCU with it (TrannyControlUnit) and near the stickshift it has a 'sport mode' option.
My tuner mechanic says he thinks it wont be a problem installing the tranny to mine but doesnt know about the extra tranny computer. The guy selling it said that the TCU thing was located under the passenger side floorboard. I told him it might be the ECU, he doesnt think so. So what do I need to do to get this auto JDM VTEC tranny to my Auto Si Tranny? anyone know.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question (BluLuder)

You will just have to plug it in. If you have a 92-95 prelude automatic then u have a TCM (transmission control module). You will just have to swap the modules. It will plug right in. If you want use the sport mode button.....you will have to change your shifter or get a switch and run it to one of the pins on the JDM TCM to activate it.

BTW I have some JDM Axles from an automatic prelude if you are interested in buying them. I can't use them on my 4th gen Accord. Make me an offer if your interested. Both axles are in excellent condition........you can use them as spares.

One other thing the JDM automatic shifts very aggressive (quickly)

later

[Modified by rascord, 3:25 AM 1/13/2002]
Old 01-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question (rascord)

Oh man, thanks alot for the info.
I think Im going to get it. How much for the axles? And uh, how do you know when axles go bad?
Im sure mine are stock with 140k+ on them.
Old 01-14-2002, 09:11 AM
New User

Default Re: Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question (BluLuder)

axles can last forever if u take care of the CV boots...check to see if the boots are cracked, torn, or damaged...if you have been riding on axles that have had torn boots for a while then u may have to replace the axle...other wise just service the boot and the joint grease...do this ur self if u can...however i would pick up ant extra set of axles if u can for cheap...never hurts to have back up parts
Old 01-26-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Prelude JDM VTEC Auto Tranny into US Prelude Si Auto-question (wuhungsixxx)

does any know if this will work for lsvtec auto can i use a jdmh22 tcm to make it shift more aggressively will it shop is it plug and play can it take a 99b18b tcm and put in a jdmh22 tcm