Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny?

My friend was wondering. I think it would be possible with an adapter plate and what else? I know its pointless from a performance point of view but not having to get a B series tranny saves bucks....Cheap i know. Not for me.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny? (HBKFanatic)

search
Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny? (HBKFanatic)

No adaptor plate exists for this at this point in time. But I believe Bisimoto is working on one. Just consider that even when such a kit comes out, it is not going to be wihout its pitfalls. First of all, much like Bisimoto's other adaptor plate kits, it would probably not be priced very cheaply. Probably in the neighborhood of $600-$1000 (or so). And then, there is the issue of the driver side of the motor. At least in an ED/EF, the D-series bellhousing is closer to the driver side of the car than on a B-series transmission mounted with a Hasport kit by around an inch (or so). Add to this the fact that the adaptor plate is probably about .5 inch thick, and you could run into some clearance problems with the crankshaft pulley and possibly the timing belt cover. But even if these are not an issue, you will need to either buy or fabricate a driver side mount. Again, this is an additional bother and/or expense. All in all, it is probably not worth it.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HBKFanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend was wondering. I think it would be possible with an adapter plate and what else? I know its pointless from a performance point of view but not having to get a B series tranny saves bucks....Cheap i know. Not for me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why? it would cost more than just buying a b series trans.. and be more of a hassle to run something that isnt as good???

so again...... why???
Old 12-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny? (h22crxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why? it would cost more than just buying a b series trans.. and be more of a hassle to run something that isnt as good???

so again...... why???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Especially when, for the cost of any adaptor plate, you can probably by two or three B-series transmssions.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Default Re: Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny? (StorminMatt)

b motor to d tranny, i dont know of, but rota 92 has a d motor to b tranny or had i should say as he is stepping up in the world.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it possible to mate a B series motor to a D series tranny? (boostedcivicsir)

You can still build a pretty nasty D trans, just ask Bense.