Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

poor mans type r, LS stroker. questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default poor mans type r, LS stroker. questions

my friend and i are looking into both of these for our next project. which one is more feesable? also which one would yeild more power?

how much different is a poor mans type r from a real type r? with the type r cams and headwork, is it pretty much the same thing?

now will putting a ls crank and rods into a b16 even work? if so would it make it 1.8 liters? what else would be needed to make it run? are any sort of custom pistons be needed?

either motor that we build will be boosted so keep that in mind as well.

any help or information would be apprectiated
Old 08-15-2003, 11:09 AM

Default Re: poor mans type r, LS stroker. questions (QuikLS)

you will be happy with a poor man type r then a ls vtec set up.... all you really need is a usdm Gsr block with a jdm b16a head to get like ten more hp then a type r... i rather go with a poor mans since the lsvtec can last as long as a poor mans...
Old 08-16-2003, 12:48 AM

Default Re: poor mans type r, LS stroker. questions (RiceNmotioN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiceNmotioN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will be happy with a poor man type r then a ls vtec set up.... all you really need is a usdm Gsr block with a jdm b16a head to get like ten more hp then a type r... i rather go with a poor mans since the lsvtec can last as long as a poor mans...</TD></TR></TABLE>

it can, or can't??? what do these run in the 1/4's, and what is needed to do it??? i was just wondering if these are good for all motors to put me in the mid/low 13's, without aftermarket, internals, in an ef?? please help me out i am new to this.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:23 AM

Default Re: poor mans type r, LS stroker. questions (RiceNmotioN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RiceNmotioN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you really need is a usdm Gsr block with a jdm b16a head to get like ten more hp then a type r... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Have another
Old 08-16-2003, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is puttin a LS crank into a b16 motor the same as LS VTEC? i dont want to do a LS block I just want to use the crank and rods so it will act as a stroker. will this even work?
Old 08-16-2003, 09:00 PM

If you have a B16A, and put a LS crank in it, you have to run custom rods because of the deck hieght. If you have a B16B, it will work, the deck height is the same as the LS.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pro1342)

****. Buy a stroker kit if you want to stroke it. Sorry but you sound like an idiot and I dont think you shoul dbe trying to piece together your own stroker kit. Just buy a proven kit. TODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF9_SiR)

ur the kind of moron that tries to make fun of other people for doing **** themselves. if u want to go spend all that money on a toda kit, then go have someone install it have fun. dont be hatin on people that want to work on their cars themsleves. u sir sound like the idiot.

if the LS rods wont work in a b16, will using a LS crank and b16 rods work? also ill moving the pistons up a few millimeters negate having to have custom rods made?
Old 08-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (QuikLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuikLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ur the kind of moron that tries to make fun of other people for doing **** themselves. if u want to go spend all that money on a toda kit, then go have someone install it have fun. dont be hatin on people that want to work on their cars themsleves. u sir sound like the idiot.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yeah I forgot I don't know how to work on engines and I get people to do it for me.

That's my LS build up

Now for my CX build up (bearings, hg, valve seals, piston rings)

And my good ol' dad honing the block while I cleaned pistons....
So how about NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 08-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EF9_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****. Buy a stroker kit if you want to stroke it. Sorry but you sound like an idiot and I dont think you shoul dbe trying to piece together your own stroker kit. Just buy a proven kit. TODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Toda kit uses a gsr crank not a LS so its not even the same no need to compare them.

and putting together your own stroker kit is not that hard. buy the LS crank order the rods and pistons from crower and viola you have your stroked B16, though im pretty sure you are gonna have to adjust the oil squiters to clear the LS Crank.