Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works..

Old 06-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works..

Well here is the scenario..

1994 Civic VX (VTEC-E) that will be getting a B18C1. I figure that I can get a s2k intake mani and disable the IABs, and if i get a chipped p28 it will disable the knock sensor. So all I wuld have to do is plug in the wiring harness together and I am done. I think Tom (b18c5-eh2) said something like this could be done for an ITR motor.

So what do you guys think - I think i can sell my p72 ECU for at least $300 and get a p28 + chipping and get the s2k mani later with other money since i planned on getting it anyway later down the road...

so or
Old 06-13-2002, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (navin)

s2k manifold?
i hope you mean skunk 2 not s2000
Old 06-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (KAMiN)

yes i do - typo sorry.
Old 06-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so..yah anyone with an answer..?
Old 06-13-2002, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so..yah anyone with an answer..?
u alreeady kno my input y0
Old 06-14-2002, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (WannaBFast)

shut up foo! how about some REAL insight Kenji, Tom, etc someone confirm...
Old 06-14-2002, 07:50 AM

its plug and play like microsoft wish they had.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well here is the scenario..

1994 Civic VX (VTEC-E) that will be getting a B18C1. I figure that I can get a s2k intake mani and disable the IABs, and if i get a chipped p28 it will disable the knock sensor. So all I wuld have to do is plug in the wiring harness together and I am done. I think Tom (b18c5-eh2) said something like this could be done for an ITR motor.

So what do you guys think - I think i can sell my p72 ECU for at least $300 and get a p28 + chipping and get the s2k mani later with other money since i planned on getting it anyway later down the road...

so or
Yep, this setup you speak of will work.
Although, you will have to do something about the 4 wire 02 sensor. I believe it needs to be repinned a different way for the VX chassis only.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (Katman)

Yep, this setup you speak of will work.
Although, you will have to do something about the 4 wire 02 sensor. I believe it needs to be repinned a different way for the VX chassis only.
gracias - any info on repinning the 4 Wire 02 sensor, this is the first I have ever heard of it.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

4-Wire 02 sensor - does that mean that I take the wire from the GSR engine harness and re-pin it on a diff. location on the chasis harness...?

BTW katman - you got an IM, an offer regarding your chipping services..
Old 06-15-2002, 11:38 AM

Not to hijack this thread, but I am doing this exact same setup - but in a 92 CX. Am I correct in the assumption that all I'll need to wire is VTEC and rewire the 4-wire O2 sensor? Also, whats this about all 92 Civics being prewired for VTEC and how does this help me?
Old 06-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (netnutshatch)

Not to hijack this thread, but I am doing this exact same setup - but in a 92 CX. Am I correct in the assumption that all I'll need to wire is VTEC and rewire the 4-wire O2 sensor? Also, whats this about all 92 Civics being prewired for VTEC and how does this help me?

yes, all 92 civic hatchbacks (at least), all models, have vtec embedded in the wiring underdash/ecu to shocktower main harness plug. So, all you'd need to do is get a hold of a vtec engine harness from an Si or EX, plug it in, and your set....only sensor you'll have to wire up is the Knock sensor though...unless you run reprogrammed P28 ecu since that ecu and program dont use a knock sensor.
Old 06-16-2002, 04:24 PM

what about rewiring the o2 sensor. i have a 92 vx and i get a code for a o2
Old 06-16-2002, 06:06 PM

yes, all 92 civic hatchbacks (at least), all models, have vtec embedded in the wiring underdash/ecu to shocktower main harness plug. So, all you'd need to do is get a hold of a vtec engine harness from an Si or EX, plug it in, and your set....only sensor you'll have to wire up is the Knock sensor though...unless you run reprogrammed P28 ecu since that ecu and program dont use a knock sensor.
Thats what I figured. I am going to be running a Kenji P28 with a Skunk2 mani. so that solves that problem, but does the fact that the motor is a 99 OBD-2 complicate things at all? Would I be better off to run a OBD-1 Si/EX engine harness and repin dist. and change injector clips?
Old 06-16-2002, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Plug and Play Wiring - Tell me if this works.. (hondaeg5)

what about rewiring the o2 sensor. i have a 92 vx and i get a code for a o2
...I believe you need to swap a couple wires around on the sensor, but I'm not sure which exact ones they are. I can find out tomorrow. Jeff Sloan knows...

But I think if you picked up a 92-95 SI/EX harness, you wont have the 02 issue.....but that's kind of a dumb idea since the VX harness is already vtec equipped..
Old 06-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats what I figured. I am going to be running a Kenji P28 with a Skunk2 mani. so that solves that problem, but does the fact that the motor is a 99 OBD-2 complicate things at all? Would I be better off to run a OBD-1 Si/EX engine harness and repin dist. and change injector clips?
Hmm...nah, stick with an OBD2 integra engine harness. It's compatible in an OBD1 vehicle. Plus you wont have to go searching for an OBD1 distributor, injectors, etc. There's 1 or 2 plugs left unplugged/dormant, when using an OBD2 integra engine harness in a 92-95/OBD1 civic/integra.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:41 AM

Hmm...nah, stick with an OBD2 integra engine harness. It's compatible in an OBD1 vehicle. Plus you wont have to go searching for an OBD1 distributor, injectors, etc. There's 1 or 2 plugs left unplugged/dormant, when using an OBD2 integra engine harness in a 92-95/OBD1 civic/integra.
Excellent. That said, will I need to repin the VTEC wires to the correct plug location at the shock tower on the OBD-2 harness - or are they already in the correct location to match up with the stock CX harness (shock tower to ECU section) if I use a P28 ECU?
Old 06-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Excellent. That said, will I need to repin the VTEC wires to the correct plug location at the shock tower on the OBD-2 harness - or are they already in the correct location to match up with the stock CX harness (shock tower to ECU section) if I use a P28 ECU?
nope, you won't have to re-wire up anything except the knock sensor, but you say you're using a reprogramed P28 ecu...so you'll be fine.