Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLIZZZ HELP MY SWAP WONT START!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLIZZZ HELP MY SWAP WONT START!!!!

hey every 1 i just did a f20b swap and it wont start this is what i have done

new dizzy
new starter
new spark plugs
new wires

now i have done all the wiring corectly cheked all the grounds and they are fine the onlthing that i havent conected of from my harness is the 02 sensor on the exaust then everything thing else is pluged in no power steering and ac compresor i dont know if an of those plugs need to be connected. iam running a p28 with the f20b base map. the engine will crank but not start and i ran out of ideas of what it could be thanx for an help!

now another question if i was to hook my ls ecu would it start the car?? cause i really dont think that the guy put the base map on the ecu but i could b wrong.

and also would i have my vacumm lines hooked up right?? the 1 to the fuel pressure regulator?
Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: PLIZZZ HELP MY SWAP WONT START!!!!

Lets start with the basics,
you need three things to make an engine run-
1. air
2. fuel
3. ignition

the dizzy, is it an aftermarket one? do u know for 100% that it is good? ive bought kragen/ autozone and had them be DOA. it is possible.

does your engine crank over?
does it free crank and not fire?
can u smell gas?
have you sprayed starting fluid into the tb and tried to start it. we need some more info. your vac. lines hooked up incorrectly will not make it not start....
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i order the dizzy from distributor king it cranks like it wants to start but it doesnt yes i smell gas, and yes ive tried spraying starting fluid in the intake manifold and still nothing
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

93h2beg, those are good starting points. You cant do anything without looking over the basics.

I presume this is the 94 Integra right? An LS ecu will start it, but dont dare drive it with it when you get it running. Same F20B injectors? I will say this...There is no such thing as an F20B base map, if anything you would have been given the base map closest to your setup, which is an H22 base map. You can use any base map (because basemaps are merely starting points for tuners) and it would have to be tuned for whatever setup you plan to run. Not trying to sound like that, but back in 2004 if there an F20B basemap i wouldve known about and used it.

How even is the cranking (I ask because this will tell you of engine health, like compression issues)? Did you take off the timing cover before you installed it to make sure everything under the cover is on time (not to frighten you, but I did recieve an F20B that looked so clean on the outside, but I took off the valve cover and the timing belt had a section missing but was still in tact but only a few fibers held the whole thing together) Did you resolve your main relay problem? Did you check ALL of your fuses, even the kick panel ones, to make sure nothing shorted out? Any aftermarket ignition added? Have to ask these types of questions to look further into this
Old 02-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it cranks like it wants to start, yes i took the cover off to check and everything looked fine and yes their was nothing wrong with my main relay, yes i checked all the fuses all of them where fine eccept my ignition box fuse under the hood was blown remember i told you that the lights inside the car wouldnt come on well it was csuse of that now i replaced it and it blewd it 2 more times then it went back to the begining just crank but wont start. no after market ignition added now i have the ground that goes to the trans,the 1 on thermastat housing,the 1 on the core support that goes to the valve cover and i guess those are it. i really need to get the car out of the shop where i work at cause we got inspection coming really soon and the manager doesnt want it their no more thanx for the help but what else woud i have to check ?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

another question the conections that go on the a/c compressor and the A/c fan would those have anything to do???
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your firing order.... if it cranks and hiccups but wont fire your order may be off. I know its dumb and simple. I just did a d swap and was talking with my friend while i hooked up the spark plug wires (dumb) and it cranked and cranked and cranked.... took a few minutes cuz its so basic i figured i had it right...

also u can swap out your igniter in your ecu with a known working one. its the white box with 4 male prongs on it. all odb 1 hondas and most obd2 hondas with dizzys will swap around (kinda) but you can check it id u use the stock ls one (assuming that is the engine u replaced) THE HEAT SINK may bolt up differently but check it out.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NO I GOT THE FIRING ORDER RIGHT i cheked it like a million times the ignotor cANT BE BAD THE DISTRIBUTOR ITS 100% NEW
Old 02-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have u checked for spark? pull a plug, keep it on the wire ground it and have someone else crank the engine. see if you have spark...