Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help...DC2/EG9 mix and match

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help...DC2/EG9 mix and match

I just got a 2000 DC2 Front end and i swapped all the things(also the harness and the dash) into my EG9...The car now runs fine but there have something strange about the AC system..
When i parked it over night and the engine was cool, the AC system was normal,(my defi gauge show under 90 degree)the bump work,condensor fan run...everything is ok! ...but when the water temp reach 9X degree
the radiator fan have to run to cool it down right?in this time the ac still normal and very cool!but something strange started to happen...when the water temp drop and it will cut the radiator fan...but it also cut off my ac!The whole system were stop working..in this moment when i switch the ac button in my car it will no response....but when the water temp rasied up to 9x degree,the radiator fan have to run to cool down..the ac will work again..but when it drops..the radiator fan cut off...the ac will no response....why?

and i noticed that the radiator fan and the condensor fan will work together...that means when i switch on the ac under 90 degree...the radiator fan run also!normally it will only run the condensor fan right?as i remember EG9 should be run it individually....i don't know integra will work together or not..i think i have some problems between the EG9 harness and the DC2 harness...i have to fix it because it's getting hotter and hotter now(HONG KONG)...

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help...DC2/EG9 mix and match

can anyone help?
Old 03-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Your house, your mom's house, your dog's house... basically anywhere you've been! haha

pics? I just want to see your car....
Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/%5Bjdm%5Dmy-eg9r-2009-facelifted-2532978/

it's here....
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

please help me...who are well known in electrical?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

please help..
Old 03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BE PATIENT.

Stop posting every 3 minutes.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The DC2 AC system does use both the Rad. fan and A/c fan when the a/c is on. This is because the DC2 uses a full core size condensor as opposed to the EG halfcore version. Regarding your heating problem. I would check that your wires going to the fan controller are right. If the fan controller is trying to engage the rad fan for cooling purposes - and is wired to just use the AC fan for ac condensing.. this may cause the fan controller to not work properly in its circuit. In other words... The controller is seeing wiring for both fans but could be " seeing" just the rad fan and as such shuts them both off. Keep in mind that this should not cause the entire system to shut down. Another heatsoak related problem you may be facing is that the pressure in your system is too high. There is a pressure switch in your AC system and when the pressure gets too high the compressor will shut down. If your system was recently serviced and was considerably overcharged, you may have a situation where the extended usage of your AC - in combination with the heat soak from your hot radiator- could be warming your refrigerant in temperature enough to raise the pressure- thus closing that pressure switch and killing the system.. THis would happen even sooner if it turns out the polarity of the wires to your rad and ac fans are switched. It would be a good idea to make sure the fans are blowing towards the engine and not back out towards the front bumper. Especially if you have added aftermarket cooling fans. It's been done before