Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help... Civic Exhaust on an H22A

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help... Civic Exhaust on an H22A

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue... I didn't do a search, but please hear me out.

First of all I have a 93 Civic SI HB with an H22A. I wanted a stock PRELUDE exhaust instead of what was on it (test pipe, etc). The guy who did the exhaust put a stock CIVIC exhaust (and cat!) and now the oil light is flickering (It didn't with the old exhaust) and the AF Ratio meter is reading lean all the time... The pressure out of the small civic muffler is quite a bit even at idle and the idle is lower then it was before. The previous owner said that he messed with the cam timing and possibly the tune. It made 180HP to the wheels with the old exhaust (test pipe, cam timing and tune).

My question is: Will reseting the motor to stock (cam timing and tune) fix the oil light / AF Ratio issue and the motor run safely or do I ream the exhaust guy out for not listening to me and putting a civic catback exhaust system on a prelude motor?

Thx for the help in advance!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Please Help... Civic Exhaust on an H22A (Meibukan003)

If I had to guess, I would say the oil light flickering could be from the reduced idle from some yo-yo that put a Civic exhaust on a 2.2. Thats like putting a 2 inch on a 454 Chevy. Dumb. It's most likely reading lean cause the spent gas can't leave the cylinder fast enough, diluting the incoming charge. And I would scream at the guy for doing something you didn't want. I would put ten bucks on it if you put the proper size exhaust on her, she'll be alright.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Please Help... Civic Exhaust on an H22A (200kCivicSI)

Ok, thanks man. He said it would be ok. I didn't believe him then. Then I go to pick up my car and it's messed up. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't nuts before I flipped out on the guy lol.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Please Help... Civic Exhaust on an H22A (Meibukan003)

check to see if he melted the sensor wires when installing the exhaust. there would have had to be some modifications in that area of the exhaust to get it to bolt to the h22.