Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P13J CEL Code 36, traction control on an OBD-I H22A

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P13J CEL Code 36, traction control on an OBD-I H22A

For those who didn't see my other post.. my friend and I are swapping a H22A ODB-I into a 95 civic, and doing a full write-up on a "pin by pin" basis for the engine harnesses and all that. Pretty sweet and should work for any OBD-I H22A and any 92-95 civic as long as the wire colors don't change (even if they do you still should be able to follow our wiring write up pretty easy).
Anyhow, everything is going well. We've doubled checked every wire by ohming them out to the exact ECU pins and all that BS to make sure we have no mistakes.

We have two CEL's.. one is for the O2 sensor heater, which is expected since we dont' have it plugged in The real question we have is this H22A is suppose to have an LSD (Or so HMMotorsports or whoever claims). Fired the beast up, and CEL 36 came on. I couldn't find this in the helms, and from searching have found it's a code for the Traction Control. (or something to do with the 4ws but I assume that would be a different light than the CEL). Did this car come with a LSD or with more of an ATTS system? The other reason I'm curious is my friend asked "I turned the hubs after I put the axels in and the hubs i think turned the same way... but after i threw the tires on I spun one wheel and the other turned the other way, that isn't right is it?".

If this LSD setup needs some sort of computer input, would it be found on an ECU pin and if so does anyone know of any p13J diagrams out there we could look at?

Old 03-31-2005, 09:51 PM
RTFM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it came with traction control. it has nothing to do with atts, or lsd, its a computer operated traction control system that the ecu is not seeing.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (v4lu3s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v4lu3s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it came with traction control. it has nothing to do with atts, or lsd, its a computer operated traction control system that the ecu is not seeing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, so if I'm getting what you mean, this unit is a seperate computer unit and not something actually built into the ECU its self.. so the CEL is just going to stay lit. Alright, all I needed to know, thanks!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: P13J CEL Code 36, traction control on an OBD-I H22A (rjr162)

don't worry it's only a soft code will not illuminate a the check engine light only when you short the SCS, will not affect the engine performance or driveabilty.