Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK THis Shit just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please......

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please......

OK so now i go ahead and change the dizzy, wires, plugs again and all that, double check everything - reset the ECU and all that figuring that the code 9 i was getting for CYP would be fixed and go away but nope - still not right - gulping sputtering etc. So i proceed to double check the new rotor i just put in, and sure enough its pointed at #3 on the cap when the cam gear is at TDC (up at top aligned) instead of #1. so i laugh and say of course ill rip it apart on halloween night when i should be out raising hell and pimpin hoes.....so i proceed to jack it up, rip it all apart and sure enough the bottom oil pump gear is not lined up or even close for that matter. WHY i ask when supposedly Hmotorsonline check all the motors they sell. Anyways, i tear it apart more and lined it all up, put the belt back on, dizzy back on, doubled checked, jumped in fired it up AND...........................................WORS E THAN BEFORE!! NOW backfiring, coughing, all crappy and what not. So i laugh as i smash my finger on the cam gear, belts still tight. So then I proceed to take the Dist cap off and sure enough, rotor pointed at #3 WTF AGAIN!!!!! SO now what?? Do i have to take it apart again includint taking the cam gear off, turn it till the rotor till its at #1 like it should be, but can i because of the grove in the cam gear that locks in the cam??? then double check the bottom, line them all up and then try to refire it or what???!!!! I am TOTALLY almost lost and furious at this point......any help would be muchly abliged.....OH and just to make sure, what way is the cam gear and timing belt suppose to spin? counter clockwise or clockwise?? just want to make sure......PLEASE HELP ME ASAP AND I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!! thanks guys and gals - thanks

m
Old 10-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please...... (WickedWerx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WickedWerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK so now i go ahead and change the dizzy, wires, plugs again and all that, double check everything - reset the ECU and all that figuring that the code 9 i was getting for CYP would be fixed and go away but nope - still not right - gulping sputtering etc. So i proceed to double check the new rotor i just put in, and sure enough its pointed at #3 on the cap when the cam gear is at TDC (up at top aligned) instead of #1. so i laugh and say of course ill rip it apart on halloween night when i should be out raising hell and pimpin hoes.....so i proceed to jack it up, rip it all apart and sure enough the bottom oil pump gear is not lined up or even close for that matter. WHY i ask when supposedly Hmotorsonline check all the motors they sell. Anyways, i tear it apart more and lined it all up, put the belt back on, dizzy back on, doubled checked, jumped in fired it up AND...........................................WORS E THAN BEFORE!! NOW backfiring, coughing, all crappy and what not. So i laugh as i smash my finger on the cam gear, belts still tight. So then I proceed to take the Dist cap off and sure enough, rotor pointed at #3 WTF AGAIN!!!!! SO now what?? Do i have to take it apart again includint taking the cam gear off, turn it till the rotor till its at #1 like it should be, but can i because of the grove in the cam gear that locks in the cam??? then double check the bottom, line them all up and then try to refire it or what???!!!! I am TOTALLY almost lost and furious at this point......any help would be muchly abliged.....OH and just to make sure, what way is the cam gear and timing belt suppose to spin? counter clockwise or clockwise?? just want to make sure......PLEASE HELP ME ASAP AND I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!! thanks guys and gals - thanks

m </TD></TR></TABLE>
holy ****
slow down

retype everything coherently.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please...... (Kamin)

its conherent cmon help me out man - adjusted the timing belt , lines it all up and its worse than when it was unadjusted, yes i did it right but whats the deal with the dizzy on #3 ? thanks

m

Old 10-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please...... (WickedWerx)

to answer one of your questions... counter-clockwise. sounds like you need an exorcist. are you sure it's in tdc? make sure it's tdc by lining up the crank pulley to its mark for tdc. not to insult your intelligence or anything.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Re: OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please...... (pb16b)

The crank pulley white mark should be aligned with the mark on the timing belt cover or the oil pump gear line should be aligned with the mark on the oil pump.If your running stock cam gears,"up" on both gears(b series) should be pointed towards the top and the line's on each gear should be aligned with each other...D series has lines on both side of the gear that should be even with the head.Engine spins counter clockwise..The distributor will only go in one way...if you try to turn the shaft 180 degree's from how it is supposed to be,it will go in crooked and not seat properly.
Hope that helps
Old 10-31-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: OK THis **** just keeps getting better as we go.......HELP Please...... (JDMotive)

kinda helps but not really - no offense - i have checked it all on my d series and going to recheck caue lord knows it aint right - thanks and ill keep you posted

wish me luck

m