Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh God...What have I done. JDM LS (OBD1) swap into USDM EJ6 (OBD2)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh God...What have I done? JDM LS (OBD1) swap into USDM EJ6 (OBD2)

AH!
So here is the unfortunate situation. Urgh!
I blew the motor in my 97 hatch about 2 weeks ago and since that was my daily I have been trying frantically to get a motor ASAP! I didn't want the stock D series anymore so I decided to go with a relativley inexpensive LS motor B18B. Well I bought the motor but it is JDM B18B. I knew it was a JDM motor when I purchased it but didn't thik there would be to much of a problem.
I read up a little bit about swaping this JDM B18B into my hatch. I know I can convert my car to OBD1; thats not a problem.
The problem is that since it is a JDM motor and will be going into my USDM hatch, I have learned that the harness might not reach. Are the plugs the same shape to where they will just plug into each other regaurdless of the required wiring?
HOW can I get around this. Are there any parts that would help me out? What is the usual procedure with swaping a jdm motor into a usdm car??? I should know this. I have swapped many usdm motors before but never a JDM one....I don't have my motor yet (it is still on its way here)
so I don't know exactly what the harness looks like.
I need to get this motor swapped ASAP. I serched through some things for a good amount of time and could not find exactly what I was looking for.
I work 3 jobs and am having to drive my parents 5 series around too and from work everyday (which they hate) and I need my hatch back!!!
Please help!
I am really hoping I didn't screw myself over.
All input is very much appreciated!
Thank you so much in advance!
(I will continue searching in the mean time)
Old 09-16-2004, 11:28 PM

It isn't going to be that tough.....especially if you swapped before....
I swapped and OBD2 B18C...into my 2000 hatch and it was my first time. Use your stock harness and just start lining stuff up. I started plugging in the injectors first. So everything was kinda in place. You'll soon find out which connections will need to be extended.....primarily the o2 sensor can't think of whatev else i had to do...... I think you'll need to do the IACV.....i still don't have my reverse lights done....ummm not sure....GL
Old 09-18-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: (zm_dawg)

Hmm thanks for the input...I think I have it all figured out...maybe.
anyone else!?
Old 09-19-2004, 07:28 AM

Default Re: (AkiraDrift)

i swapped a jdm b16a into a usdm 95 civic ex and didn't have any problems with harness's matching up. I just chipped the p28 and didnt wire up the knock sensor.