Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obd2 gsr swap into 93 eg si/ Ecu headache

Old 09-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd2 gsr swap into 93 eg si/ Ecu headache

Hello Hondatech!! I apologize in advance if my questions are super noob like, I've used Hondatech for quite a while now gathering info on my project, finally coming to an end but having trouble getting the right info! It seems there is one hundred thousand different ways to do it! lol. I've got a 93 hatch si, bought it with a b18a1 swap with hydro ls tranny, I've been working on it for around a year on and off with the body and just recently got a hold of a 2000 integra gsr! I want to swap everything over, all stock, but am having trouble figuring which Ecu to use and wiring harness. So I have a p72 obd2b I believe so it has the imobilizer, I'm told it will not start my car, i also have a p28 from my si, I'm told to get a p72 obd2a and wiring harness to make it all obd1, and also told to just use my harness from my teg and have the p28 chipped to run it properly. My question is whether i should use all the parts I have already and chip my p28 for my newtome gsr, or could I even since I have the whole teg, running and everything, could I swap over my Ecu, motor/trans, harness, and even the ignition and key to bypass the immobilizer? Or is there a better way? Am I missing anything here? Sorry for any dumb questions, this is my first project finally coming to an end and I'm excited to get it on the road! Just need some help from some more seasoned honda owners.

somebody please any input???

Last edited by Eddie93si; 09-23-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Obd2 gsr swap into 93 eg si/ Ecu headache

Originally Posted by Eddie93si
Hello Hondatech!! I apologize in advance if my questions are super noob like, I've used Hondatech for quite a while now gathering info on my project, finally coming to an end but having trouble getting the right info! It seems there is one hundred thousand different ways to do it! lol. I've got a 93 hatch si, bought it with a b18a1 swap with hydro ls tranny, I've been working on it for around a year on and off with the body and just recently got a hold of a 2000 integra gsr! I want to swap everything over, all stock, but am having trouble figuring which Ecu to use and wiring harness. So I have a p72 obd2b I believe so it has the imobilizer, I'm told it will not start my car, i also have a p28 from my si, I'm told to get a p72 obd2a and wiring harness to make it all obd1, and also told to just use my harness from my teg and have the p28 chipped to run it properly. My question is whether i should use all the parts I have already and chip my p28 for my newtome gsr, or could I even since I have the whole teg, running and everything, could I swap over my Ecu, motor/trans, harness, and even the ignition and key to bypass the immobilizer? Or is there a better way? Am I missing anything here? Sorry for any dumb questions, this is my first project finally coming to an end and I'm excited to get it on the road! Just need some help from some more seasoned honda owners.

somebody please any input???
Hey man whats up, I have a pretty similar set up to yours as I have a 93 DX with a 2000 GSR motor in it. For ECU I'm using a p28 with a GSR basemap. As far as wiring, I kept the orginal OBD2 motor harness and OBD1 cabin harness from a 92 cx (you can't use the Integra cabin harness if thats what you're referring to), did the step down conversion to OBD1 and it runs fine. A p28 will bypass the immoblizer so you wont have to worry about that, otherwise go with an OBD1 p72 ECU. Don't know if that answer your question but I figured I was in the right direction haha.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Obd2 gsr swap into 93 eg si/ Ecu headache

Originally Posted by lxrd_vtec
Hey man whats up, I have a pretty similar set up to yours as I have a 93 DX with a 2000 GSR motor in it. For ECU I'm using a p28 with a GSR basemap. As far as wiring, I kept the orginal OBD2 motor harness and OBD1 cabin harness from a 92 cx (you can't use the Integra cabin harness if thats what you're referring to), did the step down conversion to OBD1 and it runs fine. A p28 will bypass the immoblizer so you wont have to worry about that, otherwise go with an OBD1 p72 ECU. Don't know if that answer your question but I figured I was in the right direction haha.
Thank You!!!! Been getting ready to paint the engine bay and drop the gsr in just wanted to make sure I could use my engine harness that's already on the gsr and my p28! Looks like everything's going to be plug and play just wanted some assurance so I could get any parts I needed ahead of time, sorry if my original questions were a little confusing LOL, appreciate it man