Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd1 LS swap in EK, fuel pump not turning on after swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd1 LS swap in EK, fuel pump not turning on after swap

Got everything together, and i go to crank it last night, and the fuel pump is not priming. all the car does is crank over but no start.
Now my first instinct was to check fuel pressure.

- Loosened fuel filter line, and fuel line coming from firewall area, no fuel coming out

- Can not hear fuel pump priming,

-Checked all pgm-fi fuses in both fuseboxes with a dvom, along with all other fuses just to be safe. all of them are in working order

-Checked main relay on all 7 terminals, and they all click

-Swapped out main relay with a known good one just for good measure, still no start

-Checked firing order

-Valve cover, transmission , and thermostat housing grounds are all tightened down and have no corrosion.

....Now this is where i got a bit nervous, i ran power and ground direct from the battery to the fuel pump to see if it would prime, i might have held it 1 second too long, when i went to crank the vehicle i heard a loud pop coming from the front of the vehicle

(Mind you I don't have the rest of the piping hooked up its just down to the header for now)

-I'm thinking , or hoping i should say, that the loud popping noise was just a result of too much fuel in the combustion chamber and causing the vehicle to backfire during crank up and its nothing too serious, i tried starting it once more and it made that loud pop again, and thats where i stopped.

- Aside from the engine taking a crap on me everything else was in working order before i did the swap In the process i converted to obd1, and followed all the guidelines for the conversion via phareable.net and double checking my wiring with the Honda and Acura wiring schematics.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. thanks.