Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd1 integra gsr chassis, issues on swapping in obd2 itr motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd1 integra gsr chassis, issues on swapping in obd2 itr motor?

so heres how it goes, i have a 95 obd1 gsr chassis with an obd2 gsr motor running on an obd1 gsr ecu. the motor went bad during a sour turbo project and im in need of a new motor. ive been eyeing 2 options.

obd1 jdm gsr longblock from hmotorsonline 1800 plus unknown shipping

or

obd2 itr longblock from a reputable local importer on hondatech 2300

since its only a few hundred bucks more, i was thinking about the itr longblock. will my obd2 gsr harness plug right into the itr motor? are they compatible? how does the obd2 obd1 issues work out? someone told me that i have to swap the injectors and alternator etc etc, but thats only if i were using an obd1 harness correct? i should be able to avoid all of that since i already have an obd2 swap and harness in my car? arent they supposed to be backwards compatible?

ive been looking at this article

http://www.ff-squad.com/techne...2.htm

should i be able to just swap out the longblocks and be fine after i get a chipped p28 to match the new itr motor?

sorry if stupid questions, im trying to search right now but i cant find the exact answers i need

ps if i decided to go with the obd1 jdm gsr longblock, i would have to get an obd1 harness to replace my current obd2 harness?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:45 AM

Default Re: obd1 integra gsr chassis, issues on swapping in obd2 itr motor? (so simple)

you can use your gsr harness and just change your injector plugs to match the type R injectors. Your harness will have a plug IAB's that you will no longer need for the R swap, and you can use all of your Gsr power steering/ac and alt. Simple as that.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so i have to switch over to type r injector plugs? could i use my gsr injectors instead? or just wire up the type r injectors? theyre only 2 wires each i believe.

also would the itr motor run on my gsr ecu, or at least hold me off til i get a p28.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: (so simple)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by so simple &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i have to switch over to type r injector plugs? could i use my gsr injectors instead? or just wire up the type r injectors? theyre only 2 wires each i believe.

also would the itr motor run on my gsr ecu, or at least hold me off til i get a p28.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The gsr injectors are smaller than the Type r's, It is only two wire per injector (one of color and a yellow w/black stripe) its very simple to change. Yes the gsr ecu would run the R motor but it will throw a cel for Iab's. Never the less it will run the motor until you could get something else.