Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD1 B18B1 into 00 Civic EX Parts List Inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OBD1 B18B1 into 00 Civic EX Parts List Inside

Hello Honda-Tech. Ive been working through getting a parts list together for my engine swap. The donor car is a 95 Integra RS Auto with the B18B1. The victim car is my 00 Civic EX manual with the D16Y8. Since the Y8 has been a giant sack of **** since the day I got it I had been planning a swap. The Integra fell into my hands. The plan is a fully functioning DD with all the amenities and full ODB2b. So this is what Ive got for parts, PNs, and notes. I hope this can help someone out. Most of this info should apply to any 99-00 EX Civic.

Maintenance parts:

Since the engines out nows a good time to change gaskets and do the timing belt and water pump. Input shaft seal and rear main seals are also a good idea.

Head studs are the some price as head bolts so Im going that route: ARP 208-432.

If you want PNs for other stuff shoot me a PM.

Mechanical stuff:

Gonna need the engine (of course)

Trans from a GSR (S80), GS/LS/RS (S80 also but longer ratios and taller FDR), or from an EM1 Civic (not sure on this one). Im going GSR.

Axles for the same car as the tranny. So GSR axles for GSR etc. Auto and manual axles are the same PNs according to my computer at work.

Shift linkage from an EM1 Civic. The Integra ones will make the shifter sit cocked towards the rear or so Im told.

Throttle cable. Match to your engine. Im taking mine from my donor.
Clutch, Flywheel etc. Match to your tranny.

Radiator hoses and radiator: Upper and lower oses from an EM1 Civic. The stock single core radiator should be sufficient but you can upgrade to an aluminum rad or an EM1 rad if youre getting some heat soak issues.

A/C Compressor: Use the factory D compressor with CR-V front engine stiffener (Honda PN 38930-P7J-000)

Power Steering: Theres a few options here. Get a pump from a 99-00 EM1 Civic and use the stock B1 bracket. Or (what Im doing) use the stock D pump and a CR-V bracket (Honda PN 56997-P3F-000)

Alternator: Pick up an ODB2 B series alt. Theyre all the same from what Ive read.

Exhaust: Youll have to extend the stock B1 downpipe since its too short to make it to the stock Civic converter.

Mounts:

Rear Triangle Bracket from an EM1 (Honda PN 50827-S04-N10). Use the Stock Civic rubber part on the body.

Driver Side Upper Mount (The part that goes into the timing cover) (Honda PN 11910-P30-000). Use the stock hydraulic mount and crossover piece.

AC Bracket/Lower Mount from CR-V. This is the same as the A/C Compressor bracket. Use the stock Civic rubber and mount stud.

Lower Tranny Mount from EM1. Use the stock Civic rubber.

Upper Tranny mount from the stock tranny can be used on the new tranny.

Wiring notes:

The distributor needs to be adapted. My Civic uses and 8-pin dizzy plug. Integra one uses an OBD1 10 pin (big/small plug). Rywire sells a conversion harness. You can make your own but at $35 Ill just buy one.

The CKF sensor on the oil pump has to be dealt with since the OBD1 and JDM engines do not have them but the ODB2b Integra computer will be looking for it. Use the CKF bypass trick to get around this.

To do this you need to splice C22 and C29 together. Cut C22 after splice away from ECU. Splice C30 and C31 together. Cut C31 after splice away from ECU. This lets the computer see the pulsed signal its looking for for the CKF sensor by tapping the CYP sensor.

Youll need to move pin A16 to A15 on the computer plug. This is the fuel pump signal wire. Your car will not start unless you do this. The Integra computer has it in a different spot than the Civic.

ECU.
Theres a bunch of ways to do this:

First and easiest option IMO: Get an ODB2b (99-01) LS ECU (P75) and have the Immobilizer chip removed and replaced with a bypass chip. The name Ive seen most with this is Katman from FFS. Then youll run MIL free and not have to do any wiring on the ECU side. You can just break the Immo chip off but youll have a solid MIL.

Second: Get or make an OBD2b to ODB2b jumper harness, This converts your factory harness to ODB2a so you can run a 96-98 Integra computer which doesnt have an Immo. I know Rywire sells ones but Idk who else.

Third: Convert to ODB1. This is the best option if youre looking to build power because Hondata and other tuning systems use an OBD1 base and computer. Just get a jumper harness. Theyre cheap and all over the place.

Overall any B-swap into an EK should be cake because the EM1 is a B-series car. But if you get lost theres plenty of good info online:

A few of my links I have stored:
Honda ECU list
Similar swap to what listed here
Another similar
FFS OB2b pin out diagram
CKF Bypass Trick
Some PS stuff.

Ok so thats all I have. I do get a little be long winded at times. Hahaha. A lot of this info can be used for any B-swap such as mounts. But some of it is engine specific so feel free to ask if youre wondering what needs to be done.

-Brian
Old 06-20-2023, 08:35 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OBD1 B18B1 into 00 Civic EX Parts List Inside

Hey, looking for some help. I did a b18b1 swap on my 2000 Honda Civic DX. The swap came from a 96 integra. I have an idle surge problem.
I’ve cleaned and replaced the iacv, replaced map sensors, made sure map and tps wires aren’t switched, converted my iacv wire from 3 wire to 2 wire.
I’m also using p75-A04 and have a obd2B to obd2A
Jumper harness.

Can anyone head me to the right direction onto why I’m having an idle surge/idle issue? Please and thank you!