Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obd0 to obd1 no start need help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd0 to obd1 no start need help.

ok i read post after post and still think my case is diffrent.
im switching from obdo to obd1. tried this 3 times and car will not start. when everything is obdo the car runs but in obd1 i get nothing. i have a d16z6. low cash racing harness(i checked all wiring on harness and it is correct). apexi 2 controler(have 2 of them 1 works for sure,harness is hardwired in correctly), and a z6 dizzy, also obd1 injectors.

before i go any further when i bought my car it was obd0 but had grey plug injector harness on it. also the injectors look exactly the same as the obd1 injectors i bought for the obd swap. can you even run obd1 injectors on a obd0 car. all injector wires were connected together with resistor box. i havent heard anything about this. i took out the resistor box and did what instructions said to convet to obd1 injectors.

so i swaped everything over and its a no start it cranks, i have 30+lbs of fuel pressure, pump primes,timming was not touched nor plugs or wires. so i bought a noid light set and i have no signal to the no.1 injector.(have not checked others yet). so that means no fuel into engine just to the rail. what do i need to do to fix this.

this is starting to be a horror story for me so please help. i can take pictures of anything you need so i can get this started.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: obd0 to obd1 no start need help. (bigodub93)

do y ou have 12v at the yellow/black wires on the injectors?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd0 to obd1 no start need help. (boostedcivicsir)

ill check that first thing tomorrow. im looking for 12 only at the yellow/black wire???
Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: obd0 to obd1 no start need help. (bigodub93)

so all the yellow/black wires connect to the 2 yellow/black wires that go to a round plug harness.
now there are 2 wires comming from the ecu 1 blue and 1 grey. the blue starts at a5 and goes stright to injector #3. the gray one starts at a1 and goes stright to injector #1.
the # 2 and #4 injector wires go to the round plug harness.
does this all sound right????
and i am 100% sure that i have spark to all cylinders and no injustor pulse to all 4 cylinders, fuel pressure is at 35 psi.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are you sure the OBD1 distributor is in good working order?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Katman)

i got it from a close friend that said it works. if it was bad is there a way to test it so i can single out what part may be bad.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigodub93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigodub93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got it from a close friend that said it works. if it was bad is there a way to test it so i can single out what part may be bad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah you can test it by putting the dizzy in an OBD1 vehicle with a SOHC VTEC engine and see if the vehicle starts (if you have access to one). If it doesn't start, then either the ignitor or coil has gone bad (probably ignitor).

Just so you know, all 92-95 civic/integras, regardless of engine type, share teh same distributor internals, ignitor and coil to be specific. So you could use an ignitor/coil from a 92 LS integra in a 95 civic sohc CX/DX/Si/EX for instance.

Also, make sure you have the spark plug wires correctly plugged into the dizzy cap. If you place the plugs in wrong, the car will not start, or start up and run like crap (stumbles, pops, and backfires).
Old 01-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont have access to another obd1 car right now. but what exactly is the function of the igniter does it have anything to do with the injectors firing off. what about the coil. i think the coil just makes the spark, and ifs thats the case i know i have spark plus i have an external coil just waiting to be hooked up. also i have a obd1 non vtec dizzy extra in the garage, what does the igniter look like so i can swap them.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigodub93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont have access to another obd1 car right now. but what exactly is the function of the igniter does it have anything to do with the injectors firing off. what about the coil. i think the coil just makes the spark, and ifs thats the case i know i have spark plus i have an external coil just waiting to be hooked up. also i have a obd1 non vtec dizzy extra in the garage, what does the igniter look like so i can swap them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

here's a the ignitor (dubbed "ICM" Ignition control module):

You can read about how the ignition system works here:
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1383302

If you're getting spark, then I don't think the ignitor or coil is bad. But go ahead and remove the distr.cap and see if there's anything loose in there. Sometimes the Rotor nut comes loose and flies around and can cause damage inside the distributor. This is just a fail-safe thing to do...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i just wired back in the resistor box and put the old injectors back in also. car still doesnt start. i put the dmm to the injector plug and it gets voltage when i turn the key to on. i cant check it while trying to start because its just me here. also i sprayed some starter fluid inthe intake and the car fired up just for a couple seconds so i know it has to be fuel. im going to check out the main relay because i think thats the only thing between the euc to the injectors. any ideas could help, i feel like im so close.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do you hear the fuel pump prime when you try and fire up the car? if not, perhaps the fuel pump isn't getting power or is dead.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hear the 255 priming every time