Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No spark after finishing up vacuum lines - B18C1 in 2000 EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark after finishing up vacuum lines - B18C1 in 2000 EX

Okay, so after figuring out how to power my fuel pump and ECU in another thread, the car would start but shut off right away. Throttle input (flooring it) would keep it alive for a few seconds longer, but as soon as I let off the gas the car would die. So, I decide to finish up the vacuum lines that were missing when I got the swap. Namely, the line that goes from the Evap Purge Control Solenoid to the Evap Canister and the line that goes from the valve cover to the intake hose. To get the right diameter from the parts store, I removed the brake master cylinder's hose that goes to the intake manifold as well as the line going from the Evap purge solenoid to the intake manifold. I reconnected everything and now the car won't start at all. Fuel pump primes, main relay clicks, CEL comes on with the key on(ii), but no spark. I tested the ignition coil and it passes, I replaced the plugs thinking that the motor could be flooded, but no luck. The car is a SOHC OBD2B car, so I did have to splice the larger distributor plug into the harness so my attention is focused on that right now. I've tested the black and yellow power wire for continuity to connector C101 and it is getting power, however I'm not able to find specifics on how to test the rest of the pins other than that the "go to the ckp, tdc, and cyp sensors". Anyone have a more definitive solution for that? Also, what other tests could I be performing? I disconnected the MAP and IAT sensors to install one of the vacuum hoses but I reconnected them. I also undid everything that I'd done as far as vacuum hoses and it won't start again.