Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here?

putting an 92 obd1 b16a (integra xsi) into an 88 crx hf.
ive come to a conclusion that my crx fuel line will not work. on the fuel rail of the engine there is a small groove so that the fuel line may be seated in place and the crx hf's with its 45 degree angle just will not fit in with that groove. does anyone know where i can get an integra xsi fuel line or one exactly like it? thanks
Old 03-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (Origin)

bump.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (Origin)

Dead over here...ins't it! I tried searching, then posting what my buddie will need to put a b18a in his ef...5 days ago..no response yet. Good luck though bro!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (Uncle Ben)

Old 03-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is gonna sound a little more expensive and I don't know that it'd work, why not just replace the fuel rail and line?
Old 03-10-2004, 09:09 PM

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (96GSRcx)

you can probably use the fuel line from a 90-93 integra. Are you talking about the rubber hose that goes from the fuel filter to the fuel rail?
Old 03-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (743)

yes thats the exact one im talking about. i just didn't want to pay in advance for honda to order me the wrong thing. i was wondering if i could use those oil line they use on the ls/vtec setups or if that would just be more work/money then i needed to spend. thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u can have it work regardless of the notch , just tighten it down.

if you already ordered the part, i guess your fine cause the car is fairly old and probably needs a new one,
Old 03-11-2004, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (Fobtions)

well i tried to do that actually (just tighten it down.) i even purchased new washers and tried it and it still leaked. im not sure if pre-obd engines were different but my fuel rail right where the threaded bolt ends and the actual rail begins has a certain slot that the line sits in. now i can make my fuel line sit one way to where i can tighten it down but if you look on the crx fuel line where it slides on the bolt there is an open end and a closed end. the closed end butts up to the fuel rail with a washer behind it. then you put the fuel cap with its washer on that. if you put it to where the fuel line has the open side butted up to where the actual rail begins it will spew gas everywhere. and thats my problem, since the crx fuel line has the metal ending that has about a 45 degree bend it will site fine to where the open side will be against the actual rail, but it spews gas when i prime it. i tried so many different ways to get the closed end sitting against the fuel rail but since there is that 45 degree bend it just cannot be placed the same way. there are two lines that prevent it from actually sitting in place. which is one of the radiator like hoses and some type of smaller hose. if i could just find a xsi fuel line though i think i would just have a much more simple time of doing this. the obd1 lines were different, for the xsi lines the only bend it has is pretty much a 90 degree bend the follows the fuel rail bolt out to the fuel filter. so it is quite different than the crxs. thanks for eveyones help. keep the comments coming.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Do not purchase anything from me. -HT Staff

any pictures of wut ur talking about?
Old 03-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: No one seemed to know in the other forums, maybe you guys will here? (H22AEG)

yeah ill try to take some friday. its really simple what im talking about, but just kinda hard to explain. hah