Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No heat after swap?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat after swap?????

Well got the 97 b20 in my 97 hatch no problems with the mount part nor wiring. I am getting the code 91 . But after the swap my car dosen't have heat. At first I started it and let it run for 30 min. but still no heat. top radiator hose got hot first but it took a long time for the bottom to heat up. So I feared the water pump was bad so i took out the brand new thermostat and then let it run water flow was great???? so I let it run for like an hour to see what happens radiator fan kicks on and all but no heat still and water level in radiator staed the same. The hoses that go to the heater core don' get hot at all. The car had the moter out for a month and the hoses were plugged with paper towles so nothing would get in there. AAny help on this would help me out. I havent driven the car yet, dont want to take it off the jack stands till i get this worked out. The car had great heat befor the swap process??? At a loss for ideas, anyone ever herd of having to prime the heater core with collant..
Old 03-03-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: No heat after swap????? (ef ect)

anyone
Old 03-03-2003, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, first of all, Code 91 is Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor low input.

As for heat, are you referring to getting heat in the cab of the car?

This may be a stupid check, but verify you hooked up the input/output heater core hoses. Also make sure the heater valve to the core is OPEN and not closed.

Other than that, go further into detail on your issue.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: No heat after swap????? (poison)

Also make sure the heater valve to the core is OPEN and not closed.
Defintiely something to easliy overlook. I somehow bent the cable on mine and put it in the shut position when working on the B18C1 swap in my VX. I did the swap in April so when winter came and I needed heat there wasn't any which I traced back to the bent cable.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: No heat after swap????? (VTECVillain)

yea know what code 91 is and i am going to try and fix this,but that is another thing i can live with for now. As far as heat, I have checked the valve on the out side but havent took the hose off and see if it is phisicaly oppening up but this will be my next step wile i am there i will try to blo air through the core. I have a friend with a 97 crv and the hoses are the same as his. might try to run it bacwards and see if i can get it to run through. And i might take a air hose and try and blow it out, would this bee safe??, well as far as not to blow up the core. Well I was happy to find out that the water pump was good but need to figure this out. All i need to do now is finish the exaust and air intake and then ill be on the road.

Yes i mean heat in the cab every other hose gets hot as it should

[Modified by ef ect, 2:56 AM 3/4/2003]
Old 03-03-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think i know what it is..i had the same problem..check the hoses for plugs....normally when places ship their motors..there are plugs in the hoses..and if your heater hose is pluged thats why you are getting no heat..thats exactly what happened to me...and i just did the swap a week ago too...hehe...i bet you anything there is a plug in there...either that..one of the hoses maybe creased..and not letting any coolant run through the lines..

Khoi
Old 03-04-2003, 06:54 AM

Default Re: No heat after swap????? (Sohc Driver)

well i am going to figure it out now i got a day off ill let yall know what i figure out. THANKS for the replys
Old 03-04-2003, 09:15 AM

well it ended up that the valve on the fire wall was stopped up just blew some air through it bacwards and am in the prosses of fulshing the wole system now. I am glad it wasent the core that would have sucked to replace. looks like ill be driving the hybrid tonight , can't wait. Ill be tring to figure out the code 91 thing and will keep all posted if i figure a way to break it. I am going to use a resistor to drop the voltage between 2-3v and hopfuly this will fix it cant stand that check engin light being on . too this board for all the help and info that i found here.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be doing a 99 b20 swap into my 96 civic hopefully next weekend.

What is your mods/tranny? Be sure and give us a review of the swap!

I'm glad you found the answer to your problem...