Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to hybrids! but not to honda's

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to hybrids! but not to honda's

Hey guys,

As the subject goes.....i'm new to the hybrid phenomenon, but not to hondas. I currently drive a 97 prelude SH w/ modified h22a putting down 190whp as a baseline w/o tuning. (see here: http://meadowvale.net/~maverick/dyno/dyno1.JPG )

I unfortunately have to sell the lude, but dont want to lose my money in the engine and am considering dropping it into an EG or a G3 teg (94+).....

To give an idea of what i want.....i want more of a touring/road course car than a straight line car! The lude handled like it was on rails and was an exceptional ride....im looking to find something similiar, but cheaper *sigh*.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Edit: just fyi, i have used the search funtion and have been reading up on everything i can get.

my first question: whats the alternative to the hasport mounts? are they worth it? they seem outrageously expensive, but i figure they must make it a TON easier to put the engine in?

Old 06-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New to hybrids! but not to honda's (Mav97SH)

well, your lude has ATTS, if you put that in to a EG or DC2, (from what they says) it is very hard to wire up and the block is different from normal H22a so you cant use a different transmission. I would strip the car, then sell it stock (You will get more money that way) and then buy a swap from someone.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mav97SH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my first question: whats the alternative to the hasport mounts? are they worth it? they seem outrageously expensive, but i figure they must make it a TON easier to put the engine in?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, HCP and Place Racing. HCP is a cheaper alt. to HASport and they are very good mounts. Place Racing has problems with axles breaking (in most cases). I would use HCP or HASport.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New to hybrids! but not to honda's (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, your lude has ATTS, if you put that in to a EG or DC2, (from what they says) it is very hard to wire up and the block is different from normal H22a so you cant use a different transmission. I would strip the car, then sell it stock (You will get more money that way) and then buy a swap from someone.

Yes, HCP and Place Racing. HCP is a cheaper alt. to HASport and they are very good mounts. Place Racing has problems with axles breaking (in most cases). I would use HCP or HASport.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Took the words right out of my mouth

Good job
Old 06-10-2003, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i figured id run into problems w/ an SH block in another car Damn me for buiying it in the first place, and then modifying it!