Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new h22 in eg swap ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new h22 in eg swap ?s

sup everyone. im putting a 98 h22a4 obd2 into a civic cx 92 model. i will be running a gsr ecu for now untill i figure something out. ive been reading a lot about doing this swap and had a few ?s.

for the distributor, could i wire my civic distributor plug to the distributor on the h22 instead of getting the accord one and using its guts? if so, that would be the same as wiring the obd2 distributor straight into the ecu. if that is the case could i instead of altering the wiring harness from the civic, just repin the plugs that connect at the shock tower on pass. side and use the prelude wiring harness. its already on the motor and everything is where it is supposed to be. then whatever wires didnt go into one of the plugs, i could just wire it straight to the ecu pins. was just pondering. if there is a reason that that would not work, could someone help me with the wiring? and be able to give me the details.

another thing is the rear tranny brackets. can i use the one from the 98 lude or do i have to get a 92-96 one? i keep hearing all sorts of stuff there and would really appreciate someone clearing it up for me.

also anyone that has done the swap or have personal experience with the swap have any good tips or details please let me know about it.

ditched the gsr motor after a few weeks of reading about all the great stuff about the h22. did my homework and researched as much as i could and hopefully things will go fairly smooth. just have to get everything ready first before i jump on it. thanks in advance for the help.

the best and most knowledgable site!!! HOLLLLAAA!!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new h22 in eg swap ?s (boostindoo)

nobody wants to help? well im sure the rear tranny mounts are the same. i plan on getting a p28 with a chip for h22.
i would really appreciate it if someone could tell me y i cant use the plugs that are on the pass. shock tower from the obd1 civic wiring harness with the obd2 wiring harness and run the rest of them down to the ecu.
also do i need to change the dist?
im not asking things that have been asked too many times, so please help!!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:01 AM

Default Re: new h22 in eg swap ?s (boostindoo)

use the 92-96 mount