Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your opinion

so i bought a 00 civic sir coupe about a month and a half ago for 3 grand from a friend in good condition but after driving it for that long and racing a few cars here n there... i think i want more power... i have a couple swaps in my mind that im thinking of but i want to see your opinions on what i should do... B18 K20 or just keep the b16 and work on that and boost it..or any other engine swaps you may have in mind that may be better than the 2 ive listed? money is not a problem. and im planning on keeping this car a sleeper
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need your opinion (00Civic_SiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00Civic_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i bought a 00 civic sir coupe about a month and a half ago for 3 grand from a friend in good condition but after driving it for that long and racing a few cars here n there... i think i want more power... i have a couple swaps in my mind that im thinking of but i want to see your opinions on what i should do... B18 K20 or just keep the b16 and work on that and boost it..or any other engine swaps you may have in mind that may be better than the 2 ive listed? money is not a problem. and im planning on keeping this car a sleeper</TD></TR></TABLE>

if money is not an issue then go with a k20 swap. it just opens more possibilities.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if money is no object the turbo setup will be a good start but if you wanna go Crazy. Get a B20 or B18 sleeve it low compression forged rods and pistons and than turbo that easily if built properly with a standalone ecu 400whp plus.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need your opinion (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if money is not an issue then go with a k20 swap. it just opens more possibilities.</TD></TR></TABLE>I dont like the setup because you have to hack off the trans side mount plus I rather have a more bulletproof setup. Dollar for dollar a turbo b20vtec with work will cost the same as a k20 swap with mount kit. I have my b20 beating the hell outta stock k20 all day long.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM

b20v sounds tempting but i don't really want a turbo YET since its pretty noticeable.. and i would have a turbo put in last.. is b20 still better than the k20 with some work done to the engine without the turbo...
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need your opinion (slvrcvc93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slvrcvc93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have my b20 beating the hell outta stock k20 all day long. </TD></TR></TABLE>

key word there is stock. though i'm not bashing b20's, i'm just stating the k20 has alot more potential. especially since the OP says money isn't a problem.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm really sure "money is no object", that's why he got a civic.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:13 PM

yes i got a civic because i want a project car that i can work on since a few of my friends have honda/acura cars... i also own an infiniti g35 which isnt in the same class as the hondas/acuras
Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (00Civic_SiR)

Since money ain't a problem go with the K20A. It'll be fast and u can tell everONE IT'S A K SERIES!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm sure you do. That's why with all your friends infinite Honda knowledge you're in here asking stupid questions.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

read your profile, you are 17...you DON"T need any more power. You NEED a few more years of experience. And you NEED parents that limit your spending budget before you kill yourself, hurt someone else or dump daddy's money into something thats going to **** off the rest of your town at 2 in the morning as you race people occassionaly.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 PM

lol so many haters... im not here to argue... arent u guys to old to be starting problems over the internet?

Modified by 00Civic_SiR at 1:02 AM 8/14/2008
Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
American Extremist

Default Re: need your opinion (rivaladore)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rivaladore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">read your profile, you are 17...you DON"T need any more power. You NEED a few more years of experience. And you NEED parents that limit your spending budget before you kill yourself, hurt someone else or dump daddy's money into something thats going to **** off the rest of your town at 2 in the morning as you race people occassionaly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

word up dude, id say wait a little bit if ur 17, ive seen to many people get killed at such a young age speeding
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We aren't starting problems. Don't come on here trying to act high and mighty like you have no issue with spending endless amounts of money, only to turn out that you are 17 so you are either A) Milking mommy and daddy or B) full of ****. I select B. There are so many people who just want to talk and talk. They seem to get jollies out of acting big on the internet. "Ive raced a few people". Probably on the street endangering innocent people. You DON'T need a car with any amount of decent power. You're 17 and will just end up hurting yourself or innocent people. If you don't like our responses learn to use the search function.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like BS to me
Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM

yea i understand im 17.. but doesnt mean i dont have money... and i said money isnt a problem because if i shop around i can get engines for less than the amount i have in my bank so therefore not limiting me... that doesnt make me act high and mighty and i dont see how im acting big over the internet.. yes ive raced a few people but not on the street hence how this civic of mine is a project car(as said a few post up) so i can bring it to the track and race my friends for fun which doesnt endanger innocent people on the street. yes i did drive this car on the street also but i wasnt racing i was just doing some stuff. i dont want speeding tickets and get my car taken away... that is also why i have another car to drive on the street as my daily driving.. also i didnt use the search engine... i did find some stuff i needed to know but i wanted to know other peoples opinions and their experience
Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man dont listen to these foos i got my 00 si wen i was 15 and now that im 16 i have a built b20vtec in it and i speed around here and there but doesnt mean some of us teenagers are aware of the dangers i say go b20vtec i love it and all my friends to do which they are also 17 and 18 as well.....there just hating cuz wen they were our age they didnt have sh*t or the hook up so stay up and keep doin wat u do... go K SERIES if u have the money but i didbt so i had to stick with the B SERIES any questions u got ask me i built it myself
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ohh and for ppl who say yeah they milk mom and dad and all is just all bs i work at toyota at age 16 woking 8 hours a day 7 days a week winning 9.50 and hour so who is saying im milking dad and mom at age 16 getting 500 sumthing dollar checks whos trippin
Old 08-14-2008, 05:57 AM

Default Re: (teamrpm2)

"i work at toyota at age 16 woking 8 hours a day 7 days a week".
BS?!?
Sounds like that leaves alot of time for high school. Here in WV, if you're under 17 you can't work more than 20 hours during school, But i don't know about where you are. But i'm pretty sure working for Toyota requires training, which probably requires a diploma or ged, neither of which you have at age 16. And, i really doubt toyota is open on sundays.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wvudelsol)

He might be talking about the detail shop (just for argument sake) but besides the point back to the op because this is getting out of hand. Since you said your friends have cars drive there setups see how you feel about them think about what you would like to do quarter mile, road race there endless possibilities out there but once you have decided stick to that path because spending money on the same thing 2 times in no fun and you will quickly see that bank account money drop.

Spend it once, speed it wisely and don't half *** the work. There are more key components than just getting the engine in the car. Suspension, computer, fuel, wheel and tire, braking, interior, proper gauges these are all things that people have to look into when doing a correct builds as compared to I just wanna do some street racing or take a couple quick runs down at the local track.

For some people takes years to do this. I have had my 93 eg for almost 8 years now and it has been stolen twice. I also was a victim of half *** parts from company that promised things and were garbage. I'm also a offender of doing half *** work on my own car.

Ive learned the hard way to do it right I work at Verizon make more than 30 dollars an hour money doesn't make your love for cars any different money just makes that dream be a reality. If he wants to fix up his civic let him. He can get his advice from his parents and local police hes asking us for our opinion on our setups and what we have done. I believed Honda-Tech Was here to help guide people to do proper builds and share our experience and knowledge not to tell them dont buy a Honda go get something else because for as long as I remember I was in his shoes a long time ago.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM

thanks for your advice it really helped... this project should keep me busy for a couple years

ill try and avoid going down multiple paths since now that i have made my decision with your help
Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wvudelsol)

yea i work as a porter moving cars detailing them gassin up cars and yeah the skool i go to my permit is for *** much hours as i want and i have tons of family that work at toyota why do u think i work there
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but yea slvrcvc93 is rite depends wat u wanted it for like me street racing and runs down the track but im not gonna explain slvrcvc93 explained it well
Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teamrpm2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i work as a porter moving cars detailing them gassin up cars and yeah the skool i go to my permit is for *** much hours as i want and i have tons of family that work at toyota why do u think i work there </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like they need to send you back the elementary school. I want to know how you work 8 hours when you have to go to school most of the day. Oh and dealerships aren't open on Sun. nooblet, so that takes out one of your "7 days a week" you work. This all just reiterates my point that there should be a test including IQ that you must take to become a member of Honda-Tech.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamrpm2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man dont listen to these foos i got my 00 si wen i was 15 and now that im 16 i have a built b20vtec in it and i speed around here and there but doesnt mean some of us teenagers are aware of the dangers i say go b20vtec i love it and all my friends to do which they are also 17 and 18 as well.....there just hating cuz wen they were our age they didnt have sh*t or the hook up so stay up and keep doin wat u do... go K SERIES if u have the money but i didbt so i had to stick with the B SERIES any questions u got ask me i built it myself</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please do keep talking trash to make yourself sound idiotic. I worked for EVERYTHING I have. I had to buy all my cars. I have been at this since before they knew a simple mini-me was possible. I was told back then several times it couldn't be done, but we did it.

Every stupid Honduh ricer in the world thinks the solution to everything is to drop a K series in. Do you have any idea what issues there are with them? FAKLAD for life.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NACvicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NACvicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds like they need to send you back the elementary school. I want to know how you work 8 hours when you have to go to school most of the day. Oh and dealerships aren't open on Sun. nooblet, so that takes out one of your "7 days a week" you work. This all just reiterates my point that there should be a test including IQ that you must take to become a member of Honda-Tech.

Please do keep talking trash to make yourself sound idiotic. I worked for EVERYTHING I have. I had to buy all my cars. I have been at this since before they knew a simple mini-me was possible. I was told back then several times it couldn't be done, but we did it.

Every stupid Honduh ricer in the world thinks the solution to everything is to drop a K series in. Do you have any idea what issues there are with them? FAKLAD for life. </TD></TR></TABLE>

one thing only service is closed on sundays when you work at a dealer you will know and 2 i said i go to a independent study school so it only obligates you too go too school once a week..and i didnt tell him to go k i said stick with the b series easier and better well im done arguing

Quick Reply: need your opinion