Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap

I was wondering...What exactly do i need to make the Complete h22a swap into a 92 civic...axles,wiringharness,mounting kit...Am i missing anything?
I need to know everything so i can get my money together....
Do I have to change shift linkage?
Where could i find these?

THanks

[Modified by JdmCIVIC853, 5:09 AM 1/27/2003]
Old 01-26-2003, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap (JdmCIVIC853)

here https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 01-26-2003, 08:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for axles -- you have several options. you can get 90-93 accord intermediate shaft as well as 90-93 integra axles. OR you can get custom DSS axles from driveshaftshop.com and let them know whether you are using the prelude intermediate shaft or the accord (if you choose).

for wiring harness, you can get a custom harness from HASport themselves, which costs I believe $300 to adapt your existing civic harness to the H22A. Or you can wire it up yourself, I do have diagrams available for H-T members needing them to do it yourself. Depending on which model Civic you have, will determine how difficult/time consuming the wiring will be.

The most difficult/time consuming would be a CX model, since they have 1 wire O2 sensor, no vtec wiring, egr or anything. The easiest would be the EX/Si, since mainly all you have to wire up is the knock sensor and you're done. (EGR and IAB's are completely optional).

For Mounting kits, you also have several options. There is HASport (which I recommend due to I am using them and love them), there is HCP mounts which is very affordable, but may cause you axle vibration problems or the unusual wear on the rear mount if not installed carefully and properly. And there is old school Place Racing mounts which I wouldn't recommend since I've seen nothing but bad things from them.

You will need the ECU (p13 ecu), motor (duh), tranny (uhh no ****), axles (to actually go) and the shift linkage.

For Shift linkage, you have several options. Most people (including myself) convert to the accord/prelude shifter cables and drill holes into the chassis to mount it. I love the shifter cables; they are completely accurate on shifting, no problems at all, and I can shift as fast as I want and have never grinded the gears.

There is the Place Racing shifter box if you choose to keep the stock shifter hole, but that's another story. I have heard bad things from it, and good things from it.

And to find them, there is osaka, passwordjdm, hmotorsonline, nippon motors, and importautosalvage.

it's up to you to determine where you choose to purchase it from..

peace.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap (poison)

I have a 92 cx, w/ a d16z6
P13 ecu is that the ecu that would come with the engine or is it off another?

Basicly i need a wiring harness, new axles, and mounts?
Do you have any diagrams on how to do the shift linkage or any other ones that will help me with the swap?

Thanks Man

[Modified by JdmCIVIC853, 6:44 AM 1/27/2003]
Old 01-26-2003, 09:45 PM

you will also need a del sol DOHC radiator and slim fan,the shift linkage is easy, all you need to do is cut like a 3x3 hole straight down from the stock radio in the floor for the linkage to run through, and also where the stock shifter comes through trim out a half circle for the shifter plate clearence, I will be doing another h22 swap here in the next week and can post detailed pics if you like, as far as diagrams poison has some good ones. You will also need the injector resistor box for the swap very easy to wire up.sorry if I have repeated anything that Poison has.Feel free to hit me up with any more queestions if you need help, Poison is also a very good reference!!
Old 01-26-2003, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap (H22EK)

Alright thanks....the pics will help
How much money do you think everything will add up to?
Old 01-26-2003, 10:25 PM

eh, depends. roughly $3500-$4000 depending on how much trips you make to autozone and how much you spend on what items you buy
Old 01-27-2003, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm actually running the stock radiator fan, just had to cut the tips of the blades a bit for clearance, but there's more room in an EK engine bay than an EG.. or so I understand.. But yeah, these guys are right on the $$ as for info.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Need Some Info ON a H22a Swap (EK22Tim)

What products should I get from autozone?
P13 ecu is that the ecu that comes with the prelude or will i have to buy it somewhere else if so where?
Should I use hasport over placeing racing?
I have alot of questions................ahhhhhhhh

[Modified by JdmCIVIC853, 2:45 PM 1/27/2003]
Old 01-27-2003, 01:03 PM

for axles -- you have several options. you can get 90-93 accord intermediate shaft as well as 90-93 integra axles. OR you can get custom DSS axles from driveshaftshop.com and let them know whether you are using the prelude intermediate shaft or the accord (if you choose).

for wiring harness, you can get a custom harness from HASport themselves, which costs I believe $300 to adapt your existing civic harness to the H22A. Or you can wire it up yourself, I do have diagrams available for H-T members needing them to do it yourself. Depending on which model Civic you have, will determine how difficult/time consuming the wiring will be.

The most difficult/time consuming would be a CX model, since they have 1 wire O2 sensor, no vtec wiring, egr or anything. The easiest would be the EX/Si, since mainly all you have to wire up is the knock sensor and you're done. (EGR and IAB's are completely optional).

For Mounting kits, you also have several options. There is HASport (which I recommend due to I am using them and love them), there is HCP mounts which is very affordable, but may cause you axle vibration problems or the unusual wear on the rear mount if not installed carefully and properly. And there is old school Place Racing mounts which I wouldn't recommend since I've seen nothing but bad things from them.

You will need the ECU (p13 ecu), motor (duh), tranny (uhh no ****), axles (to actually go) and the shift linkage.

For Shift linkage, you have several options. Most people (including myself) convert to the accord/prelude shifter cables and drill holes into the chassis to mount it. I love the shifter cables; they are completely accurate on shifting, no problems at all, and I can shift as fast as I want and have never grinded the gears.

There is the Place Racing shifter box if you choose to keep the stock shifter hole, but that's another story. I have heard bad things from it, and good things from it.

And to find them, there is osaka, passwordjdm, hmotorsonline, nippon motors, and importautosalvage.

it's up to you to determine where you choose to purchase it from..

peace.
Thanks for giving up some info.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:30 PM

What products should I get from autozone?
whatever you need. hard to say. everyone makes trips to the hardware store at least 10 times doing a motor swap.

P13 ecu is that the ecu that comes with the prelude or will i have to buy it somewhere else if so where?
yes that is the stock prelude ecu.

Should I use hasport over placeing racing?
it's up to you. would i recommend hasport over place racing? damn straight I would.

Old 03-02-2003, 02:08 PM

Hope this helps the both of us...

I might get that Place Racing Shift box but its $200
How easy is drilling your own hole and using your stock civic shifter?
Any steps I need to take? Any Pics?
Thanks