Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap

Im only 22 and have been teaching my self about hondas and acuras through just taking stuff apart, having a helms manual and trial and error .
In my latest attempt I tried to take my auto matic 94 ls and swap a 98 GSR in including manual trans. The PROBLEM is that the car wont turn on. the interior harness is obd 1 the engine harness is obd 2. the starter and battery have been checked. the neutral safety switch is in neutral. I am at brick wall now. when i put the ls auto ecu in you here the starter make a ticking noise and the dash lights flicker. the throttle cable also started smoking once . the harness tower on the passenger side has one clip from the car that does line up with harness on the engine.
should i use my automatic 94 ls harness , distributor and injectors and just run wires for the knock sensor and vtec (also the ecu is a p28 chipped that i have to install)

thanks for reading the long post and all info is greatly valued thanks
Old 03-16-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Re: need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap (dtyst)

I am at brick wall now. when i put the ls auto ecu in you here the starter make a ticking noise and the dash lights flicker. the throttle cable also started smoking once .
Whoe dude, your throttle cable smoked?! You must have been pumpin the gas pedal crazy fast! Were you trying to make fire or what?

ok ok ok... on a serious note. 3 things, will the motor run on the old LS ECU? If not, are you sure the GSR starter is good? It may need new contacts or try your old starter. The thing I would check first is that you've got all the ground straps properly fastened to the car/frame.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just curious how the safety switch is in neutral if the auto linkage is completey torn out in exchange of a 5 speed linkage and ecu? if you ned help let me know and ill tell you but I want to see where your at first.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:18 PM

Default Re: need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap (proclassracer)

the manual shift linkage is in the car, but normally the neutral switch would be connected to a plug that is at the top of the clutch pedal . those wires are the same ones that attach to the shift lever on the automatic shifter.once i took the shifter out i disassembled it so that i could manually push the switch into either the neutral or park position to close the circuit....allowing the car to attempt to turn on.

[Modified by dtyst, 1:23 AM 3/18/2003]
Old 03-17-2003, 04:21 PM

Default Re: need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap (Slurp56)

where are the grounds exactly ? cause i only connected 2 definately that i am aware of. the 1 to the tranny and the other on the valve cover , i was told there are 4 ..thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On the auto shift assembly plug there are two thick gauge wires, bottom row in the middle. I believe the colors are blk/red and blk/wht. Connect these together and see what happens. This will bypass the switch and should allow the car to crank. Im assuming the car doesnt crank or am I jumping the gun?
Old 03-18-2003, 11:07 AM

Default Re: need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap (proclassracer)

will that make a difference even i have the piece from the auto shifter in ? you can hear the starter making an attempt to spin . do u think its the engine harness? should i use my initial harness from the ls and just take the distibutor and injectors off the ls and put them on the gsr?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kiss, keep it simple stupid....check battery voltage, ground connections, starter connections, etc.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Re: need SERIOUS HELP!!!! with swap (v-attack)

where are the all grounds that i should check , i only see 2 definates...thanks
Old 03-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the cars attempting to start it wont be wiring. check battery voltage and things along those lines.good luck