Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with my hybrid.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my hybrid.....

ok i have a 90 si hatch with a b17 in it......it is running VERY rich and blowing out black smoke.....also is having a hesistating problem....and dosent like to idel right.
that is the problems....i have been told that it could be the fuel injectors but i am using the si fuel injectors not the b17 ones....i also have the pr3 ecu if that helps. i have changed my spark plugs but havent changed the wires yet....can anyone think of any thing that would cause these problems??????please help.. thanks guys
Old 06-11-2002, 11:30 AM

Default Re: need help with my hybrid..... (lilhibbs)

ttt.....come on guys i need some help
Old 06-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok i have a 90 si hatch with a b17 in it......it is running VERY rich and blowing out black smoke.....also is having a hesistating problem....and dosent like to idel right.
that is the problems....i have been told that it could be the fuel injectors but i am using the si fuel injectors not the b17 ones....i also have the pr3 ecu if that helps. i have changed my spark plugs but havent changed the wires yet....can anyone think of any thing that would cause these problems??????please help.. thanks guys
.....hmm it kinda sounds like symptoms of a MAP sensor not being hooked up. Check to see if it is. The MAP sensor vaccum tube runs to the top of the throttlebody and should connect to the light brown/tan spout.

have you checked the cam timing? maybe the cams/crank aren't set to TDC. That would give you shitty idling problems and odd engine running issues.

Also, is the PR3 ecu stock or reprogrammed?

Old 06-11-2002, 06:11 PM

Default Re: need help with my hybrid..... (Katman)

hey thanks katman.....yeah i found out i had a hole in one of my vacume lines...then checked the ecu and it was throwing the MAP sensor and knock sensor code.....so i am going to look into replaceing the MAP sensor......the knock sensor was broke when we were putting the motor in...but from what i have been told is that the knock sensor dosent make that big of difference....what do you think....
-but other than that thanks man
Old 06-11-2002, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey thanks katman.....yeah i found out i had a hole in one of my vacume lines...then checked the ecu and it was throwing the MAP sensor and knock sensor code.....so i am going to look into replaceing the MAP sensor......the knock sensor was broke when we were putting the motor in...but from what i have been told is that the knock sensor dosent make that big of difference....what do you think....
-but other than that thanks man

well i dont think your MAP sensor is broken physically, or is it? just fix the hose for it and it should be fine.

As for the KS, if you're willing, I can reprogram your ECU (if you have a PR3 ecu) with a Mugen variant which has a few disabled sensors, KS being one of them. Lemme know...