Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights

I am running a 98 jdm type r in a 99 gsr, cant get it to pass inspection. I am getting three codes:
p1337- Engine speed (rpm) fluctuation sensor no signal
p0122- Throttle Posisiton (TP) sensor circuit low input
p0113- Intake air tempature (IAT) sensor circuit high voltage
any freaking help would be greatly appreciated, my idea is that I may just be able to adjust the tps, and i think i will look around for a sensor that is not plugged in for the rpm, and the iat i will just try to clean the sensor, any ideas
Old 08-31-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Re: need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights (FoShizzle)

what ecu u running

if running obd2a/b go back to obd1
Old 08-31-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights (bossman032)

i have thought of that, but since the car is OEM as an OBD2 the DMV hooks up the OBD to it an runs the test all through the computer, its not a manual test, so I guess I gotta get the thing to pass without any check engine lights, but i will convert it to OBD1 and run a chipped p28 after I get it through inspection
Old 09-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights (FoShizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FoShizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am running a 98 jdm type r in a 99 gsr, cant get it to pass inspection. I am getting three codes:
you need to have a CFK sensor and gear added to the JDM motor to get this code to turn off, or get ODB1 converter
p0122- Throttle Posisiton (TP) sensor circuit low input
replace the TPS, most JDM motors are damaged from shipping
need to cut and use the IAT sensor that goes on the IM of the ITR
any freaking help would be greatly appreciated, my idea is that I may just be able to adjust the tps, and i think i will look around for a sensor that is not plugged in for the rpm, and the iat i will just try to clean the sensor, any ideas</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-01-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Re: need HELP jdmb18c-5 in gsr, having problems with IAT and TPS, check engine lights (Cnote)

I am running a 98 jdm type r in a 99 gsr, cant get it to pass inspection. I am getting three codes:
you need to have a CFK sensor and gear added to the JDM motor to get this code to turn off, or get ODB1 converter

so what do you mean obd1 converter, can I just get a kenji p28ecu and the obd2-&gt;obd1 harness, is that what your saying, and then i will be able to get rid of that light, and what is a CFK sensor and gear

need to cut and use the IAT sensor that goes on the IM of the ITR

I cant use the usdm harness for the IAT, just realized today that the wire that was connected to the sensor was not the wire that is used on the gsr, same style plug but it goes under the manifold on the gsr to a sensor down there, so i hooked the right plug up dont know if that cleared the code or not, but if that doesnt, cant i also just put a usdm IAT in there with the stock harness

right now I am so close to getting this thing to past, I dont wanna give up now.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

most OBD2 swaps i do, i use the IAT that comes on the Intake manifold. I don't use the IAT from a CX/DX/EX/SI(ppl have used them i don't)

the CKF sensor is a sensor that is associated with the dizzy the gear around the crank measure some resistance that the crank spins at and the dizzy spins at....ghey obd2 crap