Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help/Insight on GSR Build

Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Need Help/Insight on GSR Build

Originally Posted by PerfectionIsKey
If you are really complaining about "****" and "****", you really need to wake up. Also, like i said it's obviously harder to get a R swap than lets say y8 swap bar'd and ref'd. Like everyone knows Cali is usually the most rough about it also. Obviously i'll still go through with it and "IF" WORSE COMES TO WORSE i'll sell the swap and go with a gsr R spec swap. Not really a big deal to me.
Look dude. I was rather polite with my response, I asked nicely for you to watch the profanity. I know your young and all, you think you have something to prove. Your constant use of caps is also anoying. You came in here and asked a question. Don't become a ***** at me simply because I asked you in a polite way to watch the swearing. It really tarnishes the "intelligent" image you are trying to portray here.

I live in Cali. I've been to the ref, many times. I've been in this game since 1996. You don't need to preach at me about California. Listen to what people are telling you and quit trying to "one up" people.

You don't need to ref a Y8 swap into a 96-00 Civic. If you listened to what I was telling you before, you would know that. Its a poor choice of example also.

There is also no such thing as a "GSR R spec" swap.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hybrid96EK
Look dude. I was rather polite with my response, I asked nicely for you to watch the profanity. I know your young and all, you think you have something to prove. Your constant use of caps is also anoying. You came in here and asked a question. Don't become a ***** at me simply because I asked you in a polite way to watch the swearing. It really tarnishes the "intelligent" image you are trying to portray here.

I live in Cali. I've been to the ref, many times. I've been in this game since 1996. You don't need to preach at me about California. Listen to what people are telling you and quit trying to "one up" people.

You don't need to ref a Y8 swap into a 96-00 Civic. If you listened to what I was telling you before, you would know that. Its a poor choice of example also.

There is also no such thing as a "GSR R spec" swap.
So there's no such thing as a GSR, with Type-r internals? Man i must live on mars. I'm not trying to "One up" anyone, and now your complaining about caps? My god, it's a simple question not a flame war. To this point i really don't care. And again with the obvious "You're young game" come on now. Really expected more than that. I'm not trying to portray any intelligence and can really care less if a forum site "Thinks" i'm "Not intelligent". I stated right off the bat that i grately appreciated all help and admitted right of the bat i needed help. You basically responding to everything unintentionally in a dick mindset just politely. I said RIGHT OFF THE BAT to keep the flame out of here. If you want to complain about my intelligence and choice of words take it to a PM. Besides that thanks for you help and keep the BS out of here.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So there's no such thing as a GSR, with Type-r internals? Man i must live on mars. I'm not trying to "One up" anyone, and now your complaining about caps? My god, it's a simple question not a flame war. To this point i really don't care. And again with the obvious "You're young game" come on now. Really expected more than that. I'm not trying to portray any intelligence and can really care less if a forum site "Thinks" i'm "Not intelligent". I stated right off the bat that i grately appreciated all help and admitted right of the bat i needed help. You basically responding to everything unintentionally in a dick mindset just politely. I said RIGHT OFF THE BAT to keep the flame out of here. If you want to complain about my intelligence and choice of words take it to a PM. Besides that thanks for you help and keep the BS out of here.
A GSR with type R internals is still just that. A GSR with type R internals. Its not a Type R engine. You said you were doing a "GSR R spec swap" so I was assuming you were under the impression that you were able to buy an "R spec GSR".

Your screen name is "Perfectioniskey". Shouldn't that be projected in how you present yourself? Being vulgar and ignorant doesn't fit the name.

Here. Bottom line. The whole point of this thread, I guess, was to show how "****" and "perfect" you are. Congratulations! However you want to spend your money is up to you. If you want to buy a new bolt from Honda because that 10 year old bolt has a little bit of dirt on it and it doesn't fit your "prefect" profile, please do. If you want to spend your money more intelligently then there is a better route. A lot of the items you have listed in your original post are a complete was of time and money. You want to run an MSD ignition? Great. Your money, but its a complete waste. Want to rip out that GSR crank for the almighty "Type R" crank? Agian, your money, but a comlete waste. The R crank IS different, yes. Designed to be smoother at higher RPM. You will get more "bang for your buck" so to speak if you balance the rotating assembly with the stock GSR crank.

If you really must put all the R components in it then it just doesn't make sense why you wouldn't buy a damn Type R engine to begin with. Its not a mystery if they can be reffed or not. Its readily available information on the internet and if you really were as in to this as you say, call the damn local referee and ask him if you can ref a Type R engine in your car. That would be straight from the horses mouth. No internet BS to deal with.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A GSR with type R internals is still just that. A GSR with type R internals. Its not a Type R engine. You said you were doing a "GSR R spec swap" so I was assuming you were under the impression that you were able to buy an "R spec GSR".

Your screen name is "Perfectioniskey". Shouldn't that be projected in how you present yourself? Being vulgar and ignorant doesn't fit the name.

Here. Bottom line. The whole point of this thread, I guess, was to show how "****" and "perfect" you are. Congratulations! However you want to spend your money is up to you. If you want to buy a new bolt from Honda because that 10 year old bolt has a little bit of dirt on it and it doesn't fit your "prefect" profile, please do. If you want to spend your money more intelligently then there is a better route. A lot of the items you have listed in your original post are a complete was of time and money. You want to run an MSD ignition? Great. Your money, but its a complete waste. Want to rip out that GSR crank for the almighty "Type R" crank? Agian, your money, but a comlete waste. The R crank IS different, yes. Designed to be smoother at higher RPM. You will get more "bang for your buck" so to speak if you balance the rotating assembly with the stock GSR crank.

If you really must put all the R components in it then it just doesn't make sense why you wouldn't buy a damn Type R engine to begin with. Its not a mystery if they can be reffed or not. Its readily available information on the internet and if you really were as in to this as you say, call the damn local referee and ask him if you can ref a Type R engine in your car. That would be straight from the horses mouth. No internet BS to deal with.
I guess you fail to read? If you want to pull the whole "You're young" so you must not know anything about cars game. Then fine. It really portrays who you really are, you say you've been in the "Game" since 1996? WHAT GAME? Honda's? JDM? Racing? It makes no sense. WHAT MAKES ME SO SIMPLE MINDED that it causes you to call me ignorant? Just from that sheer statement i GARENTEE that you are very arrogant and ignorant. i called it a GSR-r spec. Because of that sheer fact that it's a gsr with specs of a type-r. Also like i said before i've dealt with the shop's over here in the Valley. Currently at the place i work the station won't allow my father's work's mechanic put his type-r in his ek coupe. THAT IS THE ONLY reason i doubt it. I'm not saying it can't be done, obviously there is a chance for ANY swap to be put in ANY trim. It all depends on the station. It's there choice, not ours. I will say it YET AGAIN, Here i will Bold the statement, and make it just a little bit bigger for you I ONLY CHOSE THE GSR(b18c1) HONDA ENGINE IS BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD OF PROBLEMS WITH GETTING A TYPE-R Bar'd and ref'd is that clear enough? You are making it extremely hard to be polite with you, while you show nothing but pure ignorance towards the thread. I'm not trying to "Prove" anything to anyone. I can careless if certain people don't like the way i build my car. THAT'S THE POINT, it's my car, why have someone else build it? The MSD thing was a mistake, and i already said i was dropping that. But you fail to read anything i right all the way through and that's obvious. ALSO DID I NOT SAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN/FLAME TAKE IT TO A PM, keep it the **** off my thread. You are just wasting time that could be much more useful elsewhere.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are really complaining about "****" and "****", you really need to wake up. Also, like i said it's obviously harder to get a R swap than lets say y8 swap bar'd and ref'd. Like everyone knows Cali is usually the most rough about it also. Obviously i'll still go through with it and "IF" WORSE COMES TO WORSE i'll sell the swap and go with a gsr R spec swap. Not really a big deal to me.
There's nothing more to add to this. Go read super street, watch a few initial d videos and convince yourself more about how perfect you are. Your questions have been answered several times over. Clearly daddy's example you are sharing is gospel. Tell that story to all the other people who have reffed a c5 in various platforms. Ignorance is clearly prevailing here. Enjoy your adventure. You will learn something for sure. It just looks like its going to cost you a lot.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There's nothing more to add to this. Go read super street, watch a few initial d videos and convince yourself more about how perfect you are. Your questions have been answered several times over. Clearly daddy's example you are sharing is gospel. Tell that story to all the other people who have reffed a c5 in various platforms. Ignorance is clearly prevailing here. Enjoy your adventure. You will learn something for sure. It just looks like its going to cost you a lot.
Oh yes again with the personal attacks. Act your age not your shoe size buddy.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

You really need to stop having these battles with people who are merely trying to help you out. In the long run all knowledgeable people on this site will stop helping you out.

Bottom line you need to call a ref station(I have no clue on the number since I live in Virginia), you need to ask them what needs to be done to get a B18C5 engine BARd. That is all, the same steps need to be taken for a GSR as well.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doctorake
You really need to stop having these battles with people who are merely trying to help you out. In the long run all knowledgeable people on this site will stop helping you out.

Bottom line you need to call a ref station(I have no clue on the number since I live in Virginia), you need to ask them what needs to be done to get a B18C5 engine BARd. That is all, the same steps need to be taken for a GSR as well.
Like i said, i enjoy all the help but he started shooting random personal attacks at me because i said the word "****" and "****"? Which technaically both aren't even a form of profanity. Also, found a couple stations pretty close to me so i'm going to finish up this build list and take it to them and ask them if it would be able to be ref'd and bar'd and what i would need to do/change to allow it to be ref'd and bar'd.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like i said, i enjoy all the help but he started shooting random personal attacks at me because i said the word "****" and "****"? Which technaically both aren't even a form of profanity. Also, found a couple stations pretty close to me so i'm going to finish up this build list and take it to them and ask them if it would be able to be ref'd and bar'd and what i would need to do/change to allow it to be ref'd and bar'd.
Don't take them the list. They are just going to object to the internal crap. Just ask if you can ref a b18c5 in your chassis. Keep in mind every ref station is different. Different interpretations of the law.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't take them the list. They are just going to object to the internal crap. Just ask if you can ref a b18c5 in your chassis. Keep in mind every ref station is different. Different interpretations of the law.
No, i mean like a list of what the Type-R will have in it from HMO. Not this build this i made. As in, HMO's Type-R with a LSD tranny and there ECU ect.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, i mean like a list of what the Type-R will have in it from HMO. Not this build this i made. As in, HMO's Type-R with a LSD tranny and there ECU ect.
LSD tranny won't make a difference. You will be fine as long as you aren't using a jdm ecu. It has to be setup to us specs.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Just ask them what you need to to make the b18c5 legal in your chasis, that is all.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doctorake
Just ask them what you need to to make the b18c5 legal in your chasis, that is all.
Yeah, that's what i was gunna do. Thanks for the help.