Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help On Finishing Type R Motor Into 91 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help On Finishing Type R Motor Into 91 Sedan

I am almost finshed putting my first swap together 98 ITR motor plus ys1 tranny plus chipped PR3 into 91 EX sedan, help with pictures too if you can (sorry if this seems obvious):

- can anybody show a picture of the motor on the gauge sensor from the distributor side so I can see the TW coolant temp sensor and the coolant temp gauge sensor? I think I may be missing the gauge sensor.

- on the Si wiring harness, there is a big shrouded two separate prongs that should go to + and - for the coolant temp switch on the back of the block...where do these go since there seems to be no place to put them like in the b16 I saw, the one with the green gel at the base.

- what is the two hole female plug on the wiring harness coming out of the same "pigtail" base as the coolant temp switches? Where does it go?

- did people just run a separate knock sensor wire to the PR3 ecu?

- I assume you let the ckf sensor go without wire???All my plugs have gone to the alternator with none left over

Thanks if you can help and pics appreciated
Old 06-09-2003, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Need Help On Finishing Type R Motor Into 91 Sedan (Ruby Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ruby Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on the Si wiring harness, there is a big shrouded two separate prongs that should go to + and - for the coolant temp switch on the back of the block...where do these go since there seems to be no place to put them like in the b16 I saw, the one with the green gel at the base.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The coolant temp switch is relocated to the thermostat as a normal 2 prong plug on most 92+ OBDI and newer motors. Just cut the old plug off and extend the wires up to the thermostat and rewire a 2 prong plug onto them.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did people just run a separate knock sensor wire to the PR3 ecu?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes you will need to run your own wire from the sensor to the ECU directly

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I assume you let the ckf sensor go without wire???All my plugs have gone to the alternator with none left over</TD></TR></TABLE>

No need to plug that in when since only the OBDII ECU reads that sensor.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Help On Finishing Type R Motor Into 91 Sedan (VTECVillain)

thanks....but, i have the TW sensor and the coolant gauge sensor already there, so i guess that i am a bit confused on this??

any pics??