Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl.

Okay, here's where I'm at right now....
Motor is in and bolted up, ECU wiring has been checked and rechecked, when the car starts up, it sounds like it is only running on 2 or 3 cylinders. We thought it might be the distributor at first, because the car we pulled it out of(the motor WAS running before it came out of the previous car) had an external MSD coil on it. We first used a different cap, and got an ignitor from a D16A6 motor, still no dice.

We then went back and tried to redo the MSD, still no go...FINALLY we took the whole D16A6 distribtor, shaved a leg off, and bolted the sucker up to the motor...ran a little better.

We check the spark plug wires, tried 2 sets, still to no avail.

Then we tried switching ECU's, with the PR3 and PM6(CRX Si) computers. The CRX computer got the car to run normal with the exception of a slight miss. However the CEL came on and it was throwing a Code 5 and 20. After this we called it a night and started later the next day.

Now Today, we checked all the vacuum hoses, found what some might be in the wrong place, etc. We switched the MAP sensor, we switched the TPS, we even swapped complete wiring harnesses and started with a fresh un-doctored one from the old motor, still, no go. We did however get the car to run o.k. with the B16 ECU and it is now throwing a Code 6.

So, at this point, the car is starting, but it is DUMPING fuel into the cylinders and running INCREDIBLY rich. Last but not least, we started to think that maybe this motor had been driven a little harder by the previous owner than we had thought...so we did a compression test...now here's the FUCT UP part, this motor has 210+ psi on all 4 cylinders which leaves me completely ******* DUMBFOUNDED as to what is going on!!!

Please someone help, I'm starting to think my only resort now is to have it towed to a shop and have the wiring properly inspected...but this costs money which is something I"m kinda short on right now!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!

Old 02-16-2004, 08:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (PSUCRX)

What injectors are you using? what car did this motor come out of? what motor is it? i'm going to guess B16, correct? What's your timing set at? what wiring diagram are you using? did you convert to ODB1 or keep it odb0? what exact ECU are you using? Are you using two O2 sensors? call hasport...
Old 02-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (GraphiteAccord)

timing is set to stock, and using stock injectors...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha i see why brian is ******* confused on this one.

210 psi is crazy. i hope thats not right. thats like...odd....
Old 02-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (Kamin)

The 210 psi is the compression in the cyl. NOT fuel pressure.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i know

still odd as **** tho
Old 02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (Kamin)

why is that odd??? BTW...got it running tonight...******* pulls HARD...even with an LS tranny...PIR here I come!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:14 PM
HT Black Ops

So what was the problem???
Old 02-17-2004, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (92 civic VX B18c)

Vacuum line to the MAP,sorry i wasnt there when it fired again Justin,your my boy but i had reasons to be at the twins to drink.Just personal **** that had to be taken care of,i dont expect anyone to really fully understand.Like i said though,ill look at those valves again whenever ya want(im DEAD SURE they are fine) and you still more than welcome to do the tranny swap at my place...I got there shortly before you did though tonight,and i just neded to get hammered.Anyway,im glad its running good an to me it sounded great when yopu got to the bros place.Good to see you happy with it and im glad i could help(it wasnt much compared to 360).Have fun with it.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help!!! Car is dumping fuel in cyl. (Slo2)

It's all good Brett....still feels kinda weird having it rev that high...and the CEL kinda freaks me out a bit...hopefully we'll get the problem figured out and I can start beating the **** out of it...kinda weird when I drove it home last night mph/rpm's was a lot different than I thought, I was still running at 4k at 80...which in only like what...200 rpm less than with the B16 tranny? Doesn't seem that bad, but I guess we'll find out.

Oh and those valves quieted down A LOT once I gave it a proper flogging on the highway....