Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help after new swap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help after new swap!!!!!

I just finished installing my b-series in my 97 coupe this last weekend. I need help on figuring out whats wrong. My car starts up fin but the speedometer wont work and I could of sworn that it worked the night we finished the swap. The tach, gas and heat gauges work fine. Also all the lights flash(head lights, dome lights, dash lights, check engine light) I also see a jump in the tachometer it idles and then drops below, as if it there where lossing power or voltage. The car runs fine with the exception of the lights flickering, no speedometer, and the idleing problem. I thought that it was the alternator so I replaced it with another one but I'm still having the same problem. Any one with experience or suggestions???? Thanks in advance. Any helpful suggestions are appriciated!!!!

FYI I am running Obd1 ecu with a obd2a-obd1 converion harness. I used my old dx harness but had it wired for v-tec and sensors needed.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help after new swap!!!!! (allEKs)

the first thing i would recheck is the wiring....alot of the plugs and connectors on your harness will fit many sensors on the motor or car....so its easy to mix them up...look at your diagram and make sure the right color wires are going into the right plugs....when i did my swap i accidentally switched the map and tps and it took 2 weeks to figure out why my car was running like ****........this may not be your problem but i would rule out everything before you start throwin in more money...keep updating let us know what you find
Old 03-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help after new swap!!!!! (cehcivic15)

just put a obd1 into a 98 civic dx, the car starts and idles decently, when you snap the throttle, it revs good. if you go slow then snap the throttle, it bogs and back fires, like it did when the tps and map was backwards (just got that right). we pulled a plug, and it was extremely black. any ideas, other than clean the plugs? Maybe timing or something like that?