Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a few good swappers advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a few good swappers advice

I'm trying to deal with the last few lingering issues before swapping my B18C1 (OBD1) into a 92 Dx hatch.

A little preface so you know my situation..I have a 95 Integra GS-R with about 100k miles, that I crashed.. so now I'm swapping. . The crash was only body work damage, just lots more than I can afford to fix, but I still have everything from the integra in good shape.....SO..

First...Dude from HASport on the phone said I need to buy new motor mounts (part#DCSTK) but I've been told the stock Integra ones will work...I've also been told i need to use a combo. of civic and integra mounts..now assuming that the ones HASport is selling me are just stock integra mounts, do I need to replace them, or can I use the old integra ones..

Second...Dude from HASport said to buy shift linkages from them (part # 92-00CIVIC) which I'm assuming by the name is just a stock civic linkage..but according to the good book (mike kojima's performance guide to B,D, and H series) I can use stock integra shift linkages...

Third...Dude from HASport said I NEED to use the stock civic motor harness, then use their wiring subharness...But I was told by a few people to just swap over the integra harness...he said it wouldn't work.

Now I trust HASport as they're always very helpful/knowledgable, but I don't know the answers to any of these questions...Thanks for any help.

~james
Old 05-11-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Need a few good swappers advice (SleepyEG)

ttt?
Old 05-11-2003, 10:44 AM

You have to use your integra linkage. That willbe fine. The 95' GSR motor harness will plug right into your 92 civic, which just happens to be wired for Vtec already. And lastly, you need the integra mounts. You will reuse the top passenger tranny mount from the civic, but all of the rest are going to be integra mounts. Oh Yae, Dude from HAsport was trying to get paid... you will be fine with the stuff you have. If I was you, I would swap over the integra crossmember with the powersteering rack and sway bar. Also, if you do that, add the GSR Steering Column from the interior with wheel so It will bolt right up to the powersteering rack. The proportioning valve and Master cylinder would be good to use as well as the rear disk brakes. Lots of things on the integra to use... You dont need Hasport for this one!!
Old 05-11-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Need a few good swappers advice (bigblockEG)

I plan on swapping the full susp. and brakes as well as motor and tranny..thanks for all the advice. Do you think it'd be worth it to replace any motor mounts or the shift linkage?
What I thought was weird about the guy from HASport was that he didn't say that I should replace those things, he said I needed them..oh well
~james
Old 05-11-2003, 11:27 AM

On a side note, I just noticed your in CT, I may have to pay you to voyage up to worcester if I get stuck at all this summer...it's my first swap
~james
Old 05-11-2003, 04:35 PM

yeah, like he said you dont need any hasport stuff, just parts from the teg and EG will do ya... but there are always good things to do while youve got the engine out... like energy suspention bushings, which will generaly stiffen everything up for a rather cheap price.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need a few good swappers advice (bigblockEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigblockEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the 95 GSR motor harness will plug right into your 92 civic, which just happens to be wired for Vtec already. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you mean the 92 dx is already wired for vtec? just plug in the motor's harness..the ecu..and go?or was you saying the gsr's motor harness is wired for vtec..which is of course...i got a 94 gsr...and thought if i ever wrecked it..i'd stick my motor in a hatch..