Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need advice on gsr build(ctr pistons w/skunk pro 2 cams??)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on gsr build(ctr pistons w/skunk pro 2 cams??)

I am rebuilding my 95 gsr motor. I am doing a complete overhaul. I was wanting to raise the c/r with new pistons and i'm trying to leave no stone unturned. i was debating what pistons to use(Pr3,P30,ITR, or CTR's). basically after some research it came down to the P30's or CTR's. i was going to go with the P30's b/c i thought the CTR's c/r might be a little high. I went ahead and ordered a set of skunk pro 2 cams. After ordering the cams i was looking at skunk2's suggested c/r for their pro series cams. They reccomend 12.0:1-13.0:1 for the pro 2 cams. After reading this i went ahead and ordered the CTR pistons. I will give a quick rundown of what i have done and are planning to do on my build, and then i would like some imput as to weather this is a good/ bad idea or some pointers that might ensure that this build is a sucess. this car is not going to be drove everyday(maybe 2 times a week) so basically i plan on it being a weekend warrior/track car. I have another turbo lsvtec eg hatch that is my daily driver. ok with out futher adooo. As stated befoire the motor is a 95 gsr going in a 94 civic coupe lx. I tore the motor down and its currently at the machin shop. the block is going to stay the standard 81mm bore just having the cylinders honed. I am having the head ported and polished and the im ported and polished to match the head( btw its a skunk2 im). I am installing pct ctr pistons, new main/ rod bearins, complete gasket kit, new itr water pump, timing belt and tensioner, new itr oil pump( i believe that the itr and gsr have the same water pump oil pump etc. etc.). I have a benen fuel rail, blox adjustable fuel pressure regulator, walbro lph 255 fp, hondata im gasket( suppose to make the intake air cooler, I'm new to this, its the first one i've used so input on this would be great, do they really giv a little more hp?)skunk2 por 2 cams and adjustable cam gea5rs,super tech dual valve springs and retainers, unorthodox under drive pulley and alt. pulley( no power steering or ac, so no pulleys for them, some say that frees up power also) kteller anti reversion stepped header, hi flow cat, 2 1/2 in n1 catback, cold air intake, exedy six puck clutch and fidanza flywheel on a gsr tranny(i'm looking for a b16 tranny), runnig a stock gsr dizzy but have plans to upgrade to a msd 6al and some bigger injectors. and last it all will be controled by a chipped p28 ecu that will be dyno tuned before it ever hits the road. one last question, on the skunk2 web site it said that their pro series cams need to be degreed when installed or they will not work properly, they said they have some preset settings if you are gonna use adjustable cam gears but they are not responsable if you use those preset settings and something happens to your motor and the bottom line is they highly recommend that the cams be degreed when installed. What exactley do they mean by degreeing the cams and is this something that my engine tuner should be able to do when i have it dyno tuned? sSo with all this said and done my question is am i going to get good results from this setup? Is this car going to be streetable with a good tune, 93 octane gas and a good octane booster. And what if anything else needs to be done to have a badass street(2-3 days a week)/track all motor beast? I know this was long and probabaly painful to some but i'm very grateful of any opinions and or comments.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need advice on gsr build(ctr pistons w/skunk pro 2 cams??) (crip)

no help? plz need advice